The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:15 PM

Defult country in Shipping ***WRONG** ???

Our site is defaulting to Australia Post...but we are in Canada. Is there any way to deactivate other countries postal options, since we only ship within North America? It is causing a lot of hassle with our online orders [...ALL of our orders!]

Thank you,
Old 02-08-2012, 03:04 PM

Can you please post a screenshot?
Old 02-08-2012, 09:47 PM

not sure what a screenshot will do.. it's in the shipping portion of our site management. there are a few options available, including Australia Post [which happens to be the first option] Canada Post, UPS, Russian Post, etc. Can we simply disable the other shipping methods, since we only ship Canada Post as of date?

sorryIdon't have an Iphone or Ipad to do a quick screenshot.

Last edited by maya; 02-09-2012 at 06:06 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:15 PM

If you are not using an entire shipping method then just disable it.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maple_bottoms_sales View Post
not sure what a screenshot will do.. it's in the shipping portion of our site management. there are a few options available, including Australia Post [which happens to be the first option] Canada Post, UPS, Russian Post, etc. Can we simply disable the other shipping methods, since we only ship Canada Post as of date?

sorryIdon't have an Iphone or Ipad to do a quick screenshot.
So, you are looking at your control panel and from what you can read there you try to infer what your customers see in your store front, right?

If so, please, notice that none of the shipping methods provided by Australia Post are enabled in your shop, hence they are not available for your customers. You have all of the Canada Post methods enabled though, and 1 method from UPS. You also have 1 user-defined shipping method enabled.

Only the enabled features are available to your customers. If a method or feature is not enabled, it is not available to customers.

So I was asking for a screenshot of a customer's view showing the Australia Post methods available despite they were not enabled. I was asking for it because I was not able to reproduce such situation in your shop and hoped the screenshot would shed a little light on the issue. If you don't see the Australia Post shipping methods in your storefront, and only can find them in the Ecwid control panel in disabled state - that is quite normal.

Did you happen to see the Australia Post methods in your store front?
Old 02-09-2012, 05:32 PM

my customers can't see Australia post- it is in my controls. But my customers go to place an order, enter their shipping info and get a message saying "we are sorry, but we do not ship to that location" ...because it's defaulted in Australia Post.

How do I disable? my system continuously kicks back to Australia Post, even though I keep setting it to Canada Post.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:10 PM

Why do you think it has defaulted to Australia Post? Ecwid shows 'Sorry, we do no ship to this location' because none of your enabled shipping methods is applicable for a given destination and order weight. There is no default shipping method in Ecwid, there are only applicable methods - zero, one or more. Customer may select any of the applicable methods, as soon as there are any of them.

What do exactly do you mean by saying 'kicks back to Australia Post'?

Last edited by Eugene Rimmer; 02-10-2012 at 08:52 AM.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.