The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:45 PM

Question

Problems importing products: "Cannot upload image"

Ecwid support,

I have tried to import the attached CSV file several times. It keeps failing on different images, claiming that it "cannot upload image." I have made sure that all images are valid and accessible at the URL given. I see in the knowledge base that images may fail due to server timeouts. Is there anyway to increase the timeout? The images are hosted on the same server where ecwid is installed; I'm amazed that it keeps timing out. What do you recommend?

Thank you,
James Carroll
Attached Files
File Type: zip ecwid_import_valid_images_only.zip (15.6 KB, 94 views)
Old 01-09-2011, 07:44 AM

Hi James!

I've tried to import the attached file and get another error:
Error details: Incorrect 'Fixed shipping rate only' flag value.
We are investigating this problem now.

Could you please do the following:
Uncheck columns "Fixed shipping rate", "Fixed shipping rate only flag" in your import settings and try to import the file again.

Please let me know the result of this.
Thank you.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Carroll View Post
Ecwid support,

I have tried to import the attached CSV file several times. It keeps failing on different images, claiming that it "cannot upload image." I have made sure that all images are valid and accessible at the URL given. I see in the knowledge base that images may fail due to server timeouts. Is there anyway to increase the timeout? The images are hosted on the same server where ecwid is installed; I'm amazed that it keeps timing out. What do you recommend?

Thank you,
James Carroll

James,

We've tried to import your CSV file several times. Sometimes it was imported without any problems, however in other cases the import was failed, because Ecwid was unable to load some images from your server.

Our investigation has showed that for some reason your server doesn't return any answer to Ecwid's requests. How it happens:

- Ecwid connects to your server. It accepts connection.
- Ecwid asks for an image file, however, your server returns nothing: no image or error code.
- Ecwid waits for 3 seconds, and since there is no answer, it drops the connection.

It may happen, if your server is overloaded, for some reason.

In v7.0 we've increased the timeout, so Ecwid will wait more than 3 seconds for an answer. It may help with some servers.

As a workaround, try to split your CSV file into smaller files and import them one by one.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
images, import, timeout