The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:54 PM

Selling Services, Not Products

I am new, so I hope this is the right place for this thread.

I am a dog trainer and would like to sell my training classes thru my website. When a client purchases a training session I need them to be able to fill out a form (details about them and their dog as well as liability release), and pay for the session. No physical "product" will be sold or shipped.

Can this be done with ecwid?

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 07-18-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Dentler View Post
I am new, so I hope this is the right place for this thread.

I am a dog trainer and would like to sell my training classes thru my website. When a client purchases a training session I need them to be able to fill out a form (details about them and their dog as well as liability release), and pay for the session. No physical "product" will be sold or shipped.

Can this be done with ecwid?

Thanks,

Jeff
Hi!

Ecwid will allow you to sell regular products as well as services. Services will just won’t require shipping, so you will not need to setup shipping and it won’t be included into purchase.

Could you clarify about prices? Is training price always the same or you need to get the filled form from the customer to calculate final cost? I will try to find the most appropriate solution for you.

There’re several ways how you can ask your customers for additional information that will be attached to the orders. Please, refer to this article for details and let me know if you’re interested in something:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/63605157/...om%20customers.
Additionally, if the liability release is a large document, you could attach it as a file to your products, and upon purchasing customers will receive the download link.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:55 PM

Thanks Alina.

What I was thinking of doing was listing my different classes, each as its own "product". For example:
Puppy Class - $100 - click here to buy
Obedience Class - $200 - click here to buy
In-home training - $150 - click here to buy
In my vision when they purchase a class the form comes up where they fill out the required personal info as well as credit card info. The cc info is of course processed by you/paypal and the personal info is sent to me or is available for me to view/print/etc.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Dentler View Post
Thanks Alina.

What I was thinking of doing was listing my different classes, each as its own "product". For example:
Puppy Class - $100 - click here to buy
Obedience Class - $200 - click here to buy
In-home training - $150 - click here to buy
In my vision when they purchase a class the form comes up where they fill out the required personal info as well as credit card info. The cc info is of course processed by you/paypal and the personal info is sent to me or is available for me to view/print/etc.
Hi!

I’ve considered your case and I think product options could be a perfect solution for you, especially if you have a specific form to fill in. In short, you will make your customers to fill in this form individually for each service they’re buying, and attach it to the orders. You can use Product Options with ‘Upload Files’ type (it will allow your customers to attach the filled form) and product description. I’ll clarify below.

1) You can prepare a file (e.g. pdf format, so that your customers can edit it) and load it on a file hosting for example, that will give you a direct download link. Then you will add this download link to the description of the products. The description text supports rich HTML editing so you can add a text with necessary formatting (a direct and clear instructions what customer needs to do) and display links there: Ecwid control panel-> Catalog-> Products-> Product page-> ‘General’ tab-> ‘Description’ field.

2)Add a product option with Input type ‘Upload Files’ and mark it as ‘Required’ so that your customers couldn’t place an order without attaching the file. You can name this option as you wish.

Thus, when customer enters a product page, they will see your directions, download the form file, edit it, upload it through the product option and order this service. The attached file will be included into the order and available in your Ecwid control panel-> Sales-> Orders-> “See details”.

As for the credit card details that you mentioned, this information is processed solely by the payment gateway (e.g. PayPal), Ecwid doesn’t deal with it anyhow. So customers will be able to submit their credit cards on the final stages of order placement, at PayPal side. A part of this information (probably the last 4 digits) will be stored at transaction details in your PayPal account. Ecwid will store the purchased items info (with the form), customer’s email and name, how much customer has paid, shipping/payment methods, shipping and billing address.

Hope this variant will meet your needs. Please, try to set it up in your Ecwid to see if it works. If you have any questions or you happen to need something different, please, let me know. We’ll think over other possible solutions.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alina Kirpicheva For This Useful Post:
Jeff Dentler (07-19-2013)
Old 07-19-2013, 12:31 PM

I'll give it a go. Thanks for the detailed instructions!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.