The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina Whittimore View Post
Clarity:
With no pricing and a call for price, my products still show $0.00 underneath each thumbnail product link before you get to the bigger product shop bag type of page.
Thank you for the clarification. You're right, it works on the "product details" page only. I will think about how to make it work on all the pages.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 07-30-2010, 10:55 PM

Hello

How did removing the $0.00 form the category product list grid go. I just done this mod and the product page its great. Just what I was after, however it looks like the ball stoped rolling on this one on the category list page.

I need to replace the $0.00 with either nothing of with the 'call for price'.

Many thanks

Mike
Old 07-30-2010, 11:31 PM

I don't know if Eugene followed up with it or not. I didn't put anymore serious effort into this and actually forgot about it. I'll have to bookmark it and come back to it later when I get more time to see what I want to do with these particular products.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:25 AM
Ecwid Team

Mike,

At this time there is no way to remove only zero prices from the "category products" way. CSS styles allow removing all prices from this page, but they don't allow removing some specific prices only.

1. As a workaround I suggest removing all prices there. Will it work?

2. We will improve Ecwid and will add an ability to remove zero prices only.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 03-03-2011, 06:13 PM

Eugene how can i Make it so that if the price is 0.00 then this call for info will display, and no price will be displayed?
Old 03-03-2011, 06:39 PM

hi Eugene, I just have the question if I could somehow make it so that it works like your iphone4 thing where the price is not displayed at all, and everything, but for every item which is at the 0.00 price?
Old 03-16-2011, 07:18 PM

great thread (bookmarking now) and i hope there's a way to do this soon. so that when you enter 0.00 for a product price we can have a "Call for price", wherever the product is shown.

will keep checking back i guess
Old 03-20-2011, 03:06 PM

Surely there is a way to do that. In ecwid_callforprice_mod.js there is an 'if' statement on the line 60 that actually decides whether we apply the mod. Henceworth if we change condition in that to lookup the value of the price displayed, we can apply mod to any page where the 0,00 price displayed. Now, the process_product() function can use the $j(), which is actually jQuery. It has .text() method so we can compare the price to $0.00 actually.

The conceptual code for such mod can be browsed here: https://bitbucket.org/rimmer333/ecwi.../callforprice/ (or from Github: https://github.com/rimmer333/ecwid-r...s/callforprice ), and particularly interesting is the ecwid_callforprice_mod.js file, line 54 and onwards.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:08 PM

Default Call For Price Issue

Hello

I'm sorry if I'm being a fool here - this is my first day (!) of trying to get to grips with EcWid.

I've been following this thread, because as luck would have it, I am trying to put together a shop which has a couple of products that need to be "Call for Price".

I can make the first fix work - which removes the price from the product information page but not the category page. However, try as I might, I cannot make the second fix work at all. Has anyone else managed to? Is there a simple snag to it that I might have missed?

Thanks
Old 04-01-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Butcher View Post
Hello

I'm sorry if I'm being a fool here - this is my first day (!) of trying to get to grips with EcWid.

I've been following this thread, because as luck would have it, I am trying to put together a shop which has a couple of products that need to be "Call for Price".

I can make the first fix work - which removes the price from the product information page but not the category page. However, try as I might, I cannot make the second fix work at all. Has anyone else managed to? Is there a simple snag to it that I might have missed?

Thanks
I wouldn't call that "fixes", it's rather an addon that does what you want on top of usual functionality.

Could you please clarify what troubles did you face while applying the second solution? Can we also see the page where you attempted to do that?
Closed Thread
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.