The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:08 PM

user authentication failed

I've recently switched to paypal payflow feature, but when I'm testing a mock purchase I get a "User Authentication Failed" message before I can get to the final check out page. I am trying to just checkout with the product called "test" in dining catagory.

Any ideas why this is happenning?

https://amishsolidwood.com/?page_id=181

Last edited by joe jeczen; 11-07-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe jeczen View Post
I've recently switched to paypal payflow feature, but when I'm testing a mock purchase I get a "User Authentication Failed" message before I can get to the final check out page. I am trying to just checkout with the product called "test" in dining catagory.

Any ideas why this is happenning?

https://amishsolidwood.com/?page_id=181
Hello,

First of all, please make sure you configure your PayFlow payment method according to this guide:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853304/...PalPayflowLink

In particular, please check whether the login information you entered in your PayFlow settings is valid. Also, if you haven't yet activated your account in PayPal manager, please use 'Test' mode in Ecwid (you're currently have it disabled in your control panel): http://d.pr/i/E6VZ

Hope this helps.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials

Last edited by Makfruit; 11-09-2012 at 12:41 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Ecwid For This Useful Post:
joe jeczen (11-13-2012)
Old 11-15-2012, 01:50 AM

Hi,

I follow all instructions perfectly, and at the time of the last post i had the test mode unchecked, just not sure what im doing wrong cause the set up is only a few steps..

Still getting user authentication failed

login info is correct as well
Old 11-15-2012, 01:58 AM

Ahh, well tinkered w login got one step further, now I get this error:

Error: Merchant Design Identification Error.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:04 AM

ahh, resolved! store is finally really open!

used this post http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?p=68577
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joe jeczen For This Useful Post:
Matt Ecwid (11-15-2012), Qetzal (11-15-2012)
Old 06-12-2013, 03:02 PM

Default PayPal User Authentication Failed: Inquiry

My online store allows for a user to enter their credit card information and hit submit, but an error occurs at that point that says "User Authentication Failed: Inquiry". I am able to log into my PayPal Manager account and see that the system was trying to process the payment on the daily activity report, but it shows that "User Authentication Failed" on the transaction. Do you know how to fix that?
Old 06-12-2013, 05:05 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Graham View Post
My online store allows for a user to enter their credit card information and hit submit, but an error occurs at that point that says "User Authentication Failed: Inquiry". I am able to log into my PayPal Manager account and see that the system was trying to process the payment on the daily activity report, but it shows that "User Authentication Failed" on the transaction. Do you know how to fix that?
Hi,

Usually this error indicates that the PayPal login/password submitted in the Ecwid control panel (System Settings -> Payment -> Account details for the payment method) are not correct. For example, you enable the test mode, whereas the credentials are from PayPal production account. Please, make sure you entered the right credentials.
By the way, I've looked through your store and PayPal payment method works properly there. I presume the problem is now solved. Please, let me know.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 06-12-2013, 09:15 PM

Hi Maya,

My site checks the credentials and proceeds to the checkout page where a credit card number is entered, so I'm sure the credentials are input correctly. My PayPal account even shows two transactions that I tried to run that were rejected due to "user authentication failed", so I'm sure the transaction is getting to PayPal. It is when I hit the final submit button that it gives me the error. I also made sure that the box "Send transactions to the test server" is unchecked. The only successful transaction I have been able to run was in the test mode. Do you have other suggestions I could try?

Thanks.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:18 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Graham View Post
Hi Maya,

My site checks the credentials and proceeds to the checkout page where a credit card number is entered, so I'm sure the credentials are input correctly. My PayPal account even shows two transactions that I tried to run that were rejected due to "user authentication failed", so I'm sure the transaction is getting to PayPal. It is when I hit the final submit button that it gives me the error. I also made sure that the box "Send transactions to the test server" is unchecked. The only successful transaction I have been able to run was in the test mode. Do you have other suggestions I could try?

Thanks.
Hi,

The moment you're submitting a payment, your Ecwid store 'communicates' with PayPal verifying to which PayPal account the transaction is to go (by the credentials entered in Ecwid control panel System Settings -> Payment -> 'Account details' for PayPal). If Ecwid has wrong credentials, the verification will fail and the transaction will be rejected.
Seeing that one order was through in the test mode, I presume you are using a test (not active) account to submit a transaction to the live PayPal servers.
Do you have a sandbox account obtained at https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/? If so, please make sure Ecwid control panel does not have this very account and there're credentials from your live PayPal account.
Also you should contact PayPal support and ask them if there're any issues with your account. Probably it needs an activation.

Look forward to hearing from you.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
Old 07-23-2013, 11:47 PM

Default Paypal user authentication

I have paypal flow (pro) and I can not make a transaction. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I made sure that all of my info is correct and I keep getting the same error message. What am I doing wrong? This is becoming extremely frustrating. Someone please help!!!!!!

Does my payment action have anything to do with the problem I am having?

Last edited by Agh; 07-24-2013 at 04:17 AM. Reason: needed to provide what type of paypal I was referring to

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
authentication, failed, user