The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:48 AM

Question

Can Ecwid Create a New User in Joomla During Checkout?

Hi - I'm wondering if it's possible for Ecwid to create a new user in Joomla (2.5) at the same time that a visitor creates their account in Ecwid during checkout?

Thanks,
John
Old 03-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Robb View Post
Hi - I'm wondering if it's possible for Ecwid to create a new user in Joomla (2.5) at the same time that a visitor creates their account in Ecwid during checkout?

Thanks,
John
Yes, sure, it is totally possible with Ecwid. It has Single Sign On API a user authentication process that permits a user to enter one login and password in order to access multiple applications. For example if your site already has the ability to create accounts and you are using Ecwid your customers may find it rather inconvenient that they have to log in to your site and store separately.

This functionality is already available as a part of our official plugin for Joomla: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853297/Joomla

Once you install Ecwid to your site using above plugin, all customers registered on your site will be registered in Ecwid store too.

If you have any questions, please, feel free to ask.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
The Following User Says Thank You to Maya For This Useful Post:
John Robb (03-11-2013)
Old 03-11-2013, 12:51 PM

Thank you - will it create a Joomla user account at checkout or do they need to create a Joomla account first and then checkout using that?
Old 03-13-2013, 02:38 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya View Post
Yes, sure, it is totally possible with Ecwid. It has Single Sign On API a user authentication process that permits a user to enter one login and password in order to access multiple applications. For example if your site already has the ability to create accounts and you are using Ecwid your customers may find it rather inconvenient that they have to log in to your site and store separately.

This functionality is already available as a part of our official plugin for Joomla: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853297/Joomla

Once you install Ecwid to your site using above plugin, all customers registered on your site will be registered in Ecwid store too.

If you have any questions, please, feel free to ask.
Hi Maya - will this work the other way? My client does not currently have users on his Joomla site. He wants a new Joomla user to be created at the same time they place an order.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:10 PM

Question Create Joomla User at Checkout

Hi - I've asked this question in the general CSS category but did not get a complete answer.

I understand that the SSO for Joomla will allow an already registered Joomla user to checkout using their Joomla account.

What I want to accomplish is when a non-registered Joomla user goes to checkout, that a Joomla account is created for them, or in the checkout process they are able to create one.

Currently running Joomla 2.5

Is this possible?

Thanks - John
Old 03-22-2013, 01:47 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Robb View Post
Hi - I've asked this question in the general CSS category but did not get a complete answer.

I understand that the SSO for Joomla will allow an already registered Joomla user to checkout using their Joomla account.

What I want to accomplish is when a non-registered Joomla user goes to checkout, that a Joomla account is created for them, or in the checkout process they are able to create one.

Currently running Joomla 2.5

Is this possible?

Thanks - John
Hi,

Basically Single SignOn authentication implies that user registeres only on your Joomla site and gets automatically registered in Ecwid. At that Ecwid registration isn't used, hence it's not vice versa: register at Ecwid store and get account on Joomla site.

However, it's possible to direct customers from Ecwid pages to Joomla registration/login form on checkout. Please, refer to this forum thread where this question was discussed: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...7298#post57298

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
create account, joomla, joomla 2.5, registration, sso, user