The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:20 PM

Hi Wendye! Yes i think ive definitely done the right thing. I have checked the whole process and it seems fine apart from its mandatory to put your state/province in. Obviously this doesnt apply to the UK so this may confuse my customers. I might ask them if its possible to disable this for the UK version. Of course, feel free to keep in touch. The only problem with my facebook fan page is that its only published to people within the UK so i wont be able to show you it . Im starting off small so im not ready to take on all the world yet lol! Let me know how your getting on aswell! Take care and have a nice weekend
Old 04-02-2012, 06:32 AM
Ecwid Team

I have checked your shipping settings and found out shipping cost calculated according to your settings. You have set “Global + Fixed” shipping freight in Ecwid control panel → Catalog → Product modify page. It means that total shipping cost will be calculated as a summary of fixed rate, which have set in input box below and user-defined or carrier-calculated method cost.

For example, for product with SKU = 00023 you have set Shipping freight = “Global + Fixed” and fixed rate = -0.80. Thus, shipping cost for this product will be calculated as

35 ( product weight) x 0.06 (cost for the gramm) + (-0.08) = 1.3. As you can see, exactly this value is shown in the cart page.

In order to calculate shipping cost depending products weight only you should change “Shipping freight” parameter to “Global” for all of your products.

Once you do this shipping cost will be calculated as expected.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 04-03-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie Moore View Post
Thanks for replying Maya. Im just having alot of problems with it cause some of my lightest goods are my most expensive. Therefore, I always want them to be recorded or special delivery if more than two are bought. Going by the weight method though they are triggering first class or first class recorded instead of special delivery and the cheapest bracelet at 75g was triggering special delivery. Ive found it all very confusing to sort out. Do you think its best i just leave it with the cost of shipping onto the original price?

ps i also dont know how to take out the state/province option as i only have a facebook shop? PLease can you help?
Debbie, I have checked your store. Currently, all of your products have a free shipping in their Shipping Freight dropdown in Tax an Shipping tab in Ecwid control panel; these 2 products are an exception, they have Global + Fixed rate in that dropdown:

http://TheCrystalHeartCompany.co.uk/...oduct=10446735
http://TheCrystalHeartCompany.co.uk/...oduct=10446569

Hence, all your products will have free shipping, but those 2 above will have the global shipping + £1.2 over that. In order to have the shipping costs always calculated with your user-defined shipping methods, you need to set the 'Use Global settings' as the Shipping Freight in Tax and Shipping tab for every product.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:37 PM

Thanks Eugene. I did have that all set up but there was a problem with it. Basically my lightest items were my most expensive so they werent going to special delivery. They were going to first class recorded even if more than one was purchased. My heaviest but cheapest bracelets were going straight to Special delivery and not just First Class Recorded. I dont think theres any way around this apart from adding shipping costs onto goods and then having the delivery set to free? What do you think?

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
defined, methods, shipping, user