The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:11 PM

customer security

what is the best way to let my customers know that all transactions are hadled securly? I do not have SSL and I know that ECWID is secure but my customers do not!
Old 06-26-2013, 03:03 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Sovey View Post
what is the best way to let my customers know that all transactions are hadled securly? I do not have SSL and I know that ECWID is secure but my customers do not!
Hello,

You are absolutely right, if you use Ecwid, you already have secure checkout. Ecwid transfers all sensitive information via secure HTTPS protocol. In order to show that the checkout is secure, Ecwid shows an image of a padlock on its checkout page. Please, refer to this article for details: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15934652/SSL-HTTPS

Also I recommend you checking this article about another method of insuring your customers in store security: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/54494727/...etails%20pages
Old 06-27-2013, 03:38 PM

What if someone wants to know where to look at the SSL certificate?

I have had a request from a potential customer on the checkout SSL Certificate details! They want all the details to verify! HELP!

Last edited by Liza Savelyeva; 06-27-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:35 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
What if someone wants to know where to look at the SSL certificate?

I have had a request from a potential customer on the checkout SSL Certificate details! They want all the details to verify! HELP!
Ecwid transfers all sensitive information via secure HTTPS protocol. It's one of the Ecwid advantages — you don't need to get an SSL certificate to get secure checkout. So when your customers go to checkout and see the padlock they know that these pages are SSL secure.

However all the remaining data on your site is transferred via HTTP, that’s why your customer won’t see any security indicators on the site pages. If you want your customers to see that your site transfers all the information securely and to enable them to see the certificate, you will need to install a SSL certificate on your site. Please, refer to the second part of this article for details: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15934652/SSL-HTTPS
Old 06-27-2013, 07:42 PM

they want the details of the ecwid certificate. expire info etc.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:32 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
they want the details of the ecwid certificate. expire info etc.
Hello,

This information is available for all Ecwid users. You can see Ecwid SSL certificate details in your control panel. All you have to do is click the padlock icon which your browser displays: http://d.pr/i/lp5n

To enable your customers to access this information while purchasing from your store you should perform the steps from my post above.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:29 PM

please take a look at this page to view how I resolved the customers questions. Let me know if there is any issue in which I display the info?

There is a mouse over on the SSL seal on the left.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
please take a look at this page to view how I resolved the customers questions. Let me know if there is any issue in which I display the info?

There is a mouse over on the SSL seal on the left.
I don't see any issues. The seal and the information displayed on hover look pretty great.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.