The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2012, 05:46 PM

Default How to add additional shipping fopr BIG items?

From my german shop some items can't be sent with a cheap package, because they are big. The shop is giving them a cheap shipping, because they are extremely light (for example a pillow is big and light). The shop "thinks" this would match into a "simple mail" but it doesn't because of the size.

In the shipping options there is no way to set a maximum size if the package.

I could write a big weight to make the shop chose the right shipping option - i did this. But customers can see the weight somewhere in the order description and start asking me: "what??? this pillow is over 2 kg?!"

I could just add the additional shipping prize to the items prize (but then people see the item in my shop in Moscow and ask "why does it cost 9 euros more in Berlin?" :-)

How can i make the shop automatically chose a more expensive shipping (or ad some amount to the shipping), as soon, as someone adds one of the big things to his order?

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
big packages, shipping, size, weight