The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:13 PM

Question

Force shoppers to buy specific products one at a time

I can't seem to find this question anywhere else so if I should have posted it someplace else, please move it there.

URL: http://www.starbaseindy.com/starbase-indy-store
Plan: Silver (Early adopters)

We have a couple products that would work best if shoppers could only order one at a time. For example:

If a person orders a membership they need to enter in a "Mundane" name and the name they want on their badge. We have created fields so they can enter this info. But, because they order more than one membership at a time, they end up including all the names on one line for each field. This makes things more difficult when we are trying to convert things over to a CSV file we can print from. Is there a way to limit the quantity ordered to one at a time and make this product specific and not store wide?

Thank you in advance,

Kim Huff
Indianapolis, IN

Last edited by Starbase Indy; 06-07-2014 at 08:18 PM.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:25 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbase Indy View Post
I can't seem to find this question anywhere else so if I should have posted it someplace else, please move it there.

URL: http://www.starbaseindy.com/starbase-indy-store
Plan: Silver (Early adopters)

We have a couple products that would work best if shoppers could only order one at a time. For example:

If a person orders a membership they need to enter in a "Mundane" name and the name they want on their badge. We have created fields so they can enter this info. But, because they order more than one membership at a time, they end up including all the names on one line for each field. This makes things more difficult when we are trying to convert things over to a CSV file we can print from. Is there a way to limit the quantity ordered to one at a time and make this product specific and not store wide?

Thank you in advance,

Kim Huff
Indianapolis, IN
Hello Kim,

Unfortunately there is no build-in functionality in Ecwid that will let you set up minimal order qty for several products in your store. But you can force you customers to buy several products only one at a time by hiding the qty box in your store. Thus your customers will have no option to enter a qty value for these products and will be prompted to buy one item.

Here are the steps you should make to achieve it:

1. You should hide the qty box on the pages of those products that you would like to be sold by one item at a time. Paste this code in your custom CSS theme in Ecwid Control Panel > Settings > Design:

Code:
div.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-XXXXXX div.ecwid-productBrowser-details-qtyPanel {
    display: none;
}
Replace XXXXXXX with your Product ID.

2. Hide the qty box on the cart page using this CSS code:

Code:
td.ecwid-productBrowser-cart-itemsTable-cell-qty,
td.ecwid-productBrowser-cart-itemsTable-headerCell-qty {
  display:none;
}
Old 11-22-2014, 07:02 PM

What if I wanted to do several products. Would I enter that line for each product number?
Old 11-25-2014, 07:14 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbase Indy View Post
What if I wanted to do several products. Would I enter that line for each product number?
Hello!

You are totally right. If you would like to do it with several products in your store - you should just repeat that line for those products.

And if you would like to do it with all your products just add this code in your active Custom CSS theme:

Code:
div.ecwid-productBrowser-details-qtyPanel {
}
Hope this helps.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:15 AM
Webpartner

What if there are occasional products that needs the quantity displayed? Can I use the display none code and a code to indicate exceptions?
Old 04-07-2016, 02:56 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letuspress View Post
What if there are occasional products that needs the quantity displayed? Can I use the display none code and a code to indicate exceptions?
Hello!

Yes, it is totally possible to do this via CSS. Basically, In Ecwid you are able to customise the design of your store using CSS Themes and using these instructions: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...e-ecwid-design

First of all, you need to remove the quantity box for all products in your store using the following CSS rule:

Code:
div.ecwid-productBrowser-details-qtyPanel {
}
You need to add it to your active CSS theme in your Ecwid control panel>Settings>Design and save the changes (click "Save” (Ctrl+S).

Then, in order to display the quantity box for a particular product in your store you need to add this code:

Code:
.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-123456 div.ecwid-productBrowser-details-qtyPanel {
    display: block;
}
Where the ‘123456’ - unique internal product ID for the product. How to get Product ID?

That's it. Once you do this - the quantity box will be shown for this very product.

Also, refer to this article to know how to change design of certain pages only: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...uctdetailspage

Please try it out and let me know if any further assistance is required. Thank you!
Ecwid Knowlegde Base

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.