The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:59 PM

PayPal Express API Error

Hi,

We added PayPal Express to our payment options, and for some reason it seems that when a customer checks out PayPal receives her payment, but the order is not completed through Ecwid because there's no record of the order. Do you know why this would happen? We contacted PayPal and their engineer said everything is functioning properly on their end. We have disabled PayPal Express and Bill Me Later, which we also had added), and switched back to Standard PayPal until we can resolve this.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:17 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball1 View Post
Hi,

We added PayPal Express to our payment options, and for some reason it seems that when a customer checks out PayPal receives her payment, but the order is not completed through Ecwid because there's no record of the order. Do you know why this would happen? We contacted PayPal and their engineer said everything is functioning properly on their end. We have disabled PayPal Express and Bill Me Later, which we also had added), and switched back to Standard PayPal until we can resolve this.
Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I have checked your orders history and can see many successful orders paid via PayPal Express Checkout. Will you send me any details of this not recorded order? I need customer's email, the transaction ID from your PayPal account and the date. In order not to reveal customer's email here, please PM me. I will analyze the log records of your Ecwid store and try to determine what happened to the order.

Look forward to hearing from you.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
Old 06-03-2014, 03:46 PM

Hi Lana,

How do I private message you?
Old 06-04-2014, 04:35 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Hi Lana,

How do I private message you?
Hi,

Click on my username and choose to send me a private message. Here's a screenshot: http://take.ms/yUpwe

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
Old 06-18-2014, 04:17 PM

Can I please get a response to my message? I sent a private message to Lana a week ago and still haven't received a response. We'd like to get this PayPal Express up and running. In fact, it looks like PayPal Express and Bill Me Later are linked together in the options within Ecwid, so right now both have to be disabled until we get this fixed.
Old 04-14-2015, 12:55 PM

Hi,

We tried running PayPal Express again on our site, and it seems that certain orders are showing up on our end but not on the customer's end. For instance, order 158480 and 158528 are two such orders. We can see it and fulfill the order. But it doesn't show up in the customer's order history when they log in. Do you know why this is happening?
Old 04-15-2015, 11:06 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Hi,

We tried running PayPal Express again on our site, and it seems that certain orders are showing up on our end but not on the customer's end. For instance, order 158480 and 158528 are two such orders. We can see it and fulfill the order. But it doesn't show up in the customer's order history when they log in. Do you know why this is happening?
Hi,

Thanks for contacting us! I’m very sorry you’ve faced this problem.

I’ve checked your store orders list (Ecwid control panel → Sales → Orders) and I do see those two orders were made by registered customers, but they’re not listed in their orders history (Ecwid control panel → Customers).

Please, keep in mind that the response from a payment gateway (such as PayPal Express) just indicates the status of the payment and helps to update the order status (“Paid”, “Cancelled”, etc.) accordingly. It doesn’t affect on the display of the customer’s orders list.

The order may not appear in the customer’s order’s history, if a customer placed the order before he/she logged in to his/her account. In this case, the order will appear in the general orders list, but not in the customer’s, even if he/she was registered.

Also I’ve checked your store settings and noticed that you enabled the “Require customers to create accounts on checkout” in Ecwid control panel → System Settings → General → Cart → Checkout Settings section. When this option is enabled, unregistered buyers or buyers who have not logged in to their account, cannot place the order. But as you can see in the note next to this option, this restriction does not extend to payments via PayPal Express Checkout, which was used to pay for those orders.

It happens because after a customer hits the PayPal Express button, he/she is directed to PayPal’s site, and all information, such as billing and shipping addresses, email, etc., is entered on PayPal’s side. So if a customer didn’t log in to his/her account before starting checkout process, Ecwid gets all this information from PayPal and “think” that it was a completely new customer, even if the email address is the same.

I hope this helps, but if there are any questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Old 04-15-2015, 07:47 PM

Thank you for your response. This makes sense. Is there anything that Ecwid can or will be doing to change this in the future, or do we just need to disable PayPal express? The problem is customers go to their order history to download files they purchased, but if they're not logged in when they check out with PayPal express, they won't be able to access those files. And obviously we can't monitor every transaction and force customers to login before checking out.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:02 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Thank you for your response. This makes sense. Is there anything that Ecwid can or will be doing to change this in the future, or do we just need to disable PayPal express? The problem is customers go to their order history to download files they purchased, but if they're not logged in when they check out with PayPal express, they won't be able to access those files. And obviously we can't monitor every transaction and force customers to login before checking out.
I understand that despite the fact that customers can find links to purchased e-goods through their mailbox, as you send them an email notification (Ecwid control panel → System Settings → Mail → Email Notifications) with links to the files, for their convenience, you want to give your customers an ability to see their order history and all the links in one place.

Unfortunately, it’s the way PayPal Express works and we can not influence it, because of the requirement of PayPal. Therefore, to force your customers making orders only with registered account, you should disable this payment method.

By the way, when I checked your store settings, I noticed that you don’t use some of our cool new features. For example, the “Improved printed invoices (receipts)” and the “HTML notifications”.

With first feature payment receipts are now fully customizable. You can change the text on your receipt to add important information, update the receipt’s look to match the unique style of your company or just change its format to fit a specific page size other than A4.

With the second feature you’ll get new emails notifications with rich formatting enabled including clickable links, embedded product images, a store logo, and text formatting and so on.

These features may be enabled in Ecwid control panel → System Settings → General → Migrations (see screenshot).

If you have any further questions, I’ll be glad to answer them.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.