The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:21 PM

iPad issues

Thought I was almost done setting up the store (utahportraits.com.previewdns.com/hospital-portraits/2011/040111aaa), but when we tried the site on my client's iPad (critical for her business), there were a couple issues:

1) The floating shopping bag does not seem to float on the iPad's Safari.

Any way to fix?

2) After opening the bag (which we have set up as a popup), there is no scroll option, so only a portion of the popup can be seen. The "Checkout" button is below the view, so no one can checkout on an iPad.

How can I either fix this, and allow scrolling within a popup, or change the link to a page, not a popup?

Thanks so much.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:47 PM

Mobile Safari browser used in iOS devices has its own technical limitations due to the hardware specifics and interaction methods being used. In particular, there is no true scrolling (instead there is full page zoom and panning), so that Ecwid minicart looks like fixed and does not 'float' like it does on desktop browsers.

To make your mincart integrate better into your site, I'd suggest to put it into mini fixed mode: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853298/...#MiniFixedmode and embed it into the right column where you currently have concentrated all your shopping features on that site.

Now the "popup" that appears once a customer adds your products to cart or tries to open bag from minicart is a kind of 'safe fallback', an 'emergency' case - if there is no Product Browser widget on the current page but the customer does shopping, Ecwid shows popup as the way to go on.

To avoid showing popups you need to do the following:

1. Embed Product Browser widget (the first one from the Dashboard page of the Ecwid control panel) on some page of your site

2. Add ecwid_ProductBrowserURL option to your pages where you have minicart widget and single products that customer can buy.

This way, when your customers put something to the shopping bag from your product pages or click 'Open Bag' in minicart widget, they will be automatically taken to the URL in the ecwid_ProductBrowserURL option. There they will see the shopping bag and checkout steps normally, without any popups.

Last edited by Eugene Rimmer; 05-23-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:11 PM

Thank you, that worked out just fine, function-wise. Now there are just a couple styling issues.

1) Can I change the static "Shopping Cart (0)" text to an image instead of a text link, and still preserve the hover animation that shows # of items and subtotal?

2) On the Checkout page (where I embedded the Product Browser Widget), underneath the "Your Shopping Bag" header, and underneath the "Clear Bag" button, there are small, shadowed boxes. I'm guessing they go to the Sign-in feature that I previously hid, or something like that. How can I get those boxes to disappear?

Also, if anyone wants to know, once on the Checkout page, the floating Minicart showed up again. It seems strange to embed the static "Shopping Cart" link on the checkout page, since the viewer is already in the cart. Instead, I just hid the minicart with the following CSS:

div.ecwid-minicart {
display: none;
}

Last edited by utahportraits; 05-23-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:01 PM

Well, I fixed style issue #1. I realized I my code to remove the minicart from the checkout page (div.ecwid-minicart {display: none;}) was also hiding it on the product page. To resolve this, I removed this code, and made sure there was no minicart embed code on the checkout page. This caused the default floating minicart to appear on the checkout page. I then added the following to my custom CSS:

div.ecwid-minicart.dragdrop-dropTarget.ecwid-minicart-floating {
}

This hides any floating minicarts. *This only works for me because I have a fixed minicart on the products page. If you're using a floating cart it'll hide it everywhere*

I still haven't resolved #2, though. There are still empty, shadowed boxes where the sign in links used to be. I double-checked my css removing the sign-in, and it's exactly as described in the Knowledge Base, so I'm not sure why it's an issue.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahportraits View Post
Well, I fixed style issue #1. I realized I my code to remove the minicart from the checkout page (div.ecwid-minicart {display: none;}) was also hiding it on the product page. To resolve this, I removed this code, and made sure there was no minicart embed code on the checkout page. This caused the default floating minicart to appear on the checkout page. I then added the following to my custom CSS:

div.ecwid-minicart.dragdrop-dropTarget.ecwid-minicart-floating {
}

This hides any floating minicarts. *This only works for me because I have a fixed minicart on the products page. If you're using a floating cart it'll hide it everywhere*

I still haven't resolved #2, though. There are still empty, shadowed boxes where the sign in links used to be. I double-checked my css removing the sign-in, and it's exactly as described in the Knowledge Base, so I'm not sure why it's an issue.
I am sorry, I am not able to view your page now. I would be able to advise more precisely if I could see the code.

The minicart being shown on the checkout is of course abnormal thing, and it should not be fixed by CSS workaround - instead it is best to find the root reason of this and fix it. I think there is something in your page code that causes such behavior. So I positively need to see the webpage you are working on.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:13 PM

We just switched the nameservers, so the url is now http://www.utahportraits.com/hospita...2011/040111aaa ...but servers are still syncing up now and then, so it should be good later today. Sorry about that.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
The minicart being shown on the checkout is of course abnormal thing, and it should not be fixed by CSS workaround - instead it is best to find the root reason of this and fix it.
Eugene,

You obviously know more about ecwid design than me, so if there's something wrong, I'm sure you'll find it. However, as I read through the Knowledge Base, it sounded to me like any page with an Ecwid element embedded would show some sort of cart, so if no other style is chosen, the default is the floating minicart. I thought that's why it was showing on the Shopping Cart page.

Last edited by utahportraits; 05-25-2011 at 11:07 PM. Reason: found problem with my solution, don't want to mislead others
Old 05-30-2011, 05:09 PM

To make your single products redirect customers to some separate page where you would like them to checkout, you need to used on your single product pages the option described in this article: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853260/...ductBrowserURL
Old 05-31-2011, 03:13 AM

Exactly. Eugene gave a link to the exact article I used to set it up. If you're still confused, just post again, maybe one of us can break it down further.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
float, ipad, popup, scroll, shopping bag