The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:10 PM

Question Calculate Price per Word

Don't know if this is possible to do...

Need to calculate a price per word where the customer would enter a word count and if the word count is within a certain range a price is calculated based on the number of words the customer entered. I've tried using variations but not working for me.

e.g. -
Word Count (WC) = 40,000
Range (R)= 0-40,000 has a Price per Word (PPW) of (USD$.015)
Price = WC x PPW
so, Ecwid calculates
40,000 x $.015 = $600.00
And that's what the customer sees

Haven't found anything in the Knowledge Base or Forum but I may have missed something. Please advise.

TIA,
Michele
Old 09-12-2011, 02:42 PM

If all of your products have such pricing scheme, then the easiest solution is to set the product price per word, state that in the name of the product (e.g. "Editing (price is given per word)") and rename the Qty field into "How many words" or something like that.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:49 PM

Default Re: Calculate Price per Word

Hi Eugene,

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought about doing that but I have other services as well that are per unit. Is there a way to change these aspects per product rather than globally?

M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Rimmer View Post
If all of your products have such pricing scheme, then the easiest solution is to set the product price per word, state that in the name of the product (e.g. "Editing (price is given per word)") and rename the Qty field into "How many words" or something like that.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:34 AM

I di d some experiments, but unfortunately it is not currently possible to change the labels per product. However, I can see a few other ways to tell customer that the price is per word:
1) (easiest) Just omit the Qty renaming part, but specially point in the product description, that the Qty means number of words to process
2) (a bit more savvy) Hide the Qty with CSS (which is possible to do per product), but instead create for that product or products an option of type 'Radio buttons', with appropriate name and without any values. The result of such operation is here: http://testrimmer.ecwid.com/simple-s...roduct=6709220 (compare to other products in the same shop)
3) (geeky) Keep all per-word priced products in a separate hidden category, then embed only that category on a separate page of your site.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
calculate, combinations, options, pricing