The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:19 PM

Subcategories problem - some of them do not show up on FB store.

I've added 11 sub-categories to one of my categories. This works fine on my website where the menu is vertical. However, on my FB shop, this seems to be too many - 7 show up and the rest disappear instead of making up a new row of tabs once the first row is filled.

Is there any solution to this?

my FB store is
http://www.facebook.com/WoolyRhinoce...p_251458316228
(look at the "yarns by color" tab).

My website is www.woolyrhino.com

Thanks!

Last edited by KineretT; 12-31-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:30 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KineretT View Post
I've added 11 sub-categories to one of my categories. This works fine on my website where the menu is vertical. However, on my FB shop, this seems to be too many - 7 show up and the rest disappear instead of making up a new row of tabs once the first row is filled.

Is there any solution to this?

my FB store is
http://www.facebook.com/WoolyRhinoce...p_251458316228
(look at the "yarns by color" tab).

My website is www.woolyrhino.com

Thanks!
I have checked your store and find only 6 subcategories inside the category. Could you confirm, if you still need our help with this and give me a correct link, where this problem can be reproduced?

Thank you in advance for your help.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:57 AM

I had 11 subcategories (colors) originally, but since making the font smaller and eliminating the spaces (and tab curve) to make the tabs closer together so that everything would fit, made the whole menu look odd (the main categories got crowded together as well), and since even then I only managed to get about 8 subcategories to show up, I simply gave it up and disabled the "color" category that contained them.

If there is some built-in way you can accommodate more than 4-5 categories, I'd love to know it. I've re-enabled the category so you can see what it looks like.

Thanks.

Last edited by KineretT; 01-03-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:05 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KineretT View Post
I had 11 subcategories (colors) originally, but since making the font smaller and eliminating the spaces (and tab curve) to make the tabs closer together so that everything would fit, made the whole menu look odd (the main categories got crowded together as well), and since even then I only managed to get about 8 subcategories to show up, I simply gave it up and disabled the "color" category that contained them.

If there is some built-in way you can accommodate more than 4-5 categories, I'd love to know it. I've re-enabled the category so you can see what it looks like.

Thanks.
The only way to fit 11 subcategories in one line on the Facebook page, is to decrease the font size and spaces between them. In order to do this you should use following code:
Code:
div.ecwid_facebook_app div.ecwid-categoriesMenuBar span.ecwid-categories-category {
font-size: 14px !important;
}
div.ecwid_facebook_app div.ecwid-categories-horizontal td.gwt-MenuItemSeparator div.menuSeparatorInner {
   width: 5px;
}
Please, try and let me know about results.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
The Following User Says Thank You to Maya For This Useful Post:
KineretT (01-03-2013)
Old 01-03-2013, 02:53 PM

Thank you! That solves it beautifully.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:52 AM

I'm having the same issue. It's not showing all my menu across the top because of the font size and spacing. I've put in the code you showed and changed it to 10 and 3px, respectively. Nothing changed. I found this thread from following another's steps here, and I got to that after following this and this. Nothing is working.

I only have the horizontal menu by you guys on Facebook; I have my own on my site. Here is my Facebook page for reference.

Rebekah

ETA: Mine is for the main categories, not the subcategories. Is there a different piece of code or a change to it I need to make?

ETA: Nevermind! I just kept playing with it and ended up with this:

Code:
div.ecwid_facebook_app div.ecwid-categories span.ecwid-categories-category {
font-size: 18px !important;
}
div.ecwid_facebook_app div.ecwid-categoriesMenuBar span.ecwid-categories-category {
font-size: 16px !important;
}
div.ecwid_facebook_app div.ecwid-categories-horizontal td.gwt-MenuItemSeparator div.menuSeparatorInner {
   width: 3px;
}
It worked beautifully!

Last edited by Rebekah Taylor; 01-24-2014 at 05:04 AM.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.