The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-07-2011, 05:52 PM
John C's Avatar
John C is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 71
Default

Need help with Beanstream payment method integration


I have Beanstream as my credit card payment method. I have just noticed that Ecwid's final checkout page (Place Order) is skipped. The customer is taken directly from Payment Details to the Beanstream's payment gateway page. Therefore, the customer does not get to review all the order details (addresses, items orders, shipping cost, taxes, subtotals, etc) before being asked to pay. I hope I have made a mistake in the setup and this can be changed. I think it is very important for the customer to get this "last chance" to review everything (and make changes) on a single page before being taken to the payment gateway.

By the way, the Place Order page is not skipped when I tested Ecwid using the Credit Card Demo payment method.
  #2  
Old 11-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Matt Ecwid's Avatar
Matt Ecwid Matt Ecwid is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C View Post
I have Beanstream as my credit card payment method. I have just noticed that Ecwid's final checkout page (Place Order) is skipped. The customer is taken directly from Payment Details to the Beanstream's payment gateway page. Therefore, the customer does not get to review all the order details (addresses, items orders, shipping cost, taxes, subtotals, etc) before being asked to pay. I hope I have made a mistake in the setup and this can be changed. I think it is very important for the customer to get this "last chance" to review everything (and make changes) on a single page before being taken to the payment gateway.

By the way, the Place Order page is not skipped when I tested Ecwid using the Credit Card Demo payment method.
The final checkout page with an order summary is skipped for every credit card payment methods in Ecwid. I am afraid there is no way to change it in setup.
It is done this way because of the following reasons.
First, every online credit card payment method actually requires a payer confirmation before submitting a payment. Moreover, those confirmation pages on a payment gateway's side display an order amount and a list of purchased items. Thus a customer has an ability to review their order there. Second, it allows to shorten the number of checkout steps, which obviously makes the checkout process faster and increases your customer conversion rate.
As for the 'Credit Card Demo' payment method, it doesn't ask a customer for their credit card and doesn't redirect them to any external confirmation page, that is why the Place order page is displayed for it.

If you want make the last checkout step in Ecwid more clear for your customers, then you can add a special instruction for a credit card payment method. This instruction will be displayed near a payment gateway name on the 'Payment details' page at checkout. For instance:
"After clicking the 'Continue' button you will be redirected to the payment gateway page where you will be able to enter your credit card details and submit your order"

To add an instruction, click the "Instruction for customer" link on the Payment page.

Please, refer to the following article for more information on Ecwid payment options:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853303/...paymentmethods

Hope it helps.
__________________
Matt K
Ecwid Team

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
  #3  
Old 11-08-2011, 04:20 PM
John C's Avatar
John C John C is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makfruit View Post
those confirmation pages on a payment gateway's side display an order amount and a list of purchased items. Thus a customer has an ability to review their order there.
Thank you for your reply. Please give me more information about displaying the order details on the payment gateway page. Currently, only the order total is passed to the BeanStream payment page. How do I get the order details to display ?

Or, is there a way to have the customer returned to the Ecwid Place Order page AFTER finalizing payment. I realize their payment is complete at this point but I could adjust their payment at the Merchant Account level if they change or cancel their order after being returned to "Place Order."
  #4  
Old 11-09-2011, 03:53 PM
John C's Avatar
John C John C is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 71
Default problem with Beanstream payment gateway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makfruit View Post
those confirmation pages on a payment gateway's side display an order amount and a list of purchased items. Thus a customer has an ability to review their order there.
I hope it is OK that I have started an new thread as I need help on this problem. Please describe how to pass all the order detail information to the Beanstream payment page. Currently, only the order total is shown on the payment page. None of the important information (line items, taxes, shipping, etc) is shown. The result is my customers do not have a summary page where they can review everything before finalizing. Thank you.
  #5  
Old 11-10-2011, 04:28 PM
John C's Avatar
John C John C is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 71
Default please help with Beanstream payment gateway setup

Please describe how to pass all the order detail information to the Beanstream payment page. Currently, only the order total is shown on the payment page. None of the important information (line items, taxes, shipping, addresses, etc) is shown. Since the Ecwid "Place Order" page is skipped, my customers do not have a summary page where they can review everything before finalizing. Thank you.
  #6  
Old 11-11-2011, 09:32 AM
Matt Ecwid's Avatar
Matt Ecwid Matt Ecwid is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C View Post
Please describe how to pass all the order detail information to the Beanstream payment page. Currently, only the order total is shown on the payment page. None of the important information (line items, taxes, shipping, addresses, etc) is shown. Since the Ecwid "Place Order" page is skipped, my customers do not have a summary page where they can review everything before finalizing. Thank you.
Usually payment gateways provide buyers with such information as a list of purchased items on a confirmation page before processing the transaction. However BeanStream doesn't do it.
I investigated the BeanStream API documentation and tried to process a test order in my test Ecwid store. I have discovered that BeanStream doesn't support displaying order items on its side. Sorry for it.

There are 2 workarounds to this problem:

1) Being their merchant client, you can contact the Beanstream itself and ask to introduce such abilities into the API of their payment gateway, so that it would support passing the order details and displaying it in the payment page. Once such ability is supported by Beanstream, we will issue an update for Ecwid, so that the order details are passed to that payment gateway.

2) The Ecwid developers could introduce a workaround fix for payments via such payment gateways that don't accept the order details so that the customer after making an actual payment could return to Ecwid and decide whether to confirm this order or cancel it. However, we believe it wouldn't be an effective and desired measure, because the monetary transaction will already be made upon seeing that page and it would need rolling back, which still may require some manual work for merchant in some cases and cause misunderstandings and hesitations for clients. For example, some of them can believe they have already totally placed the order, because they have already paid for it and money left the account, so they wouldn't click that last "Place order" button, and it would still take you as a merchant to contact such clients and spend time trying to figure out whether they canceled their order or just forgot pressing that last button. So, the most desirable way is just to have the ability to show the order details at the payment gateway itself.
__________________
Matt K
Ecwid Team

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
  #7  
Old 11-11-2011, 06:58 PM
John C's Avatar
John C John C is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makfruit View Post
I investigated the BeanStream API documentation and tried to process a test order in my test Ecwid store. I have discovered that BeanStream doesn't support displaying order items on its side.
I found information about passing order details to Beanstream's "Custom Hosted Form" - see the Product Details section at the bottom of this link:

https://beanstreamsupport.pbworks.co...rder%20Details

I believe this is not the standard payment page currently used by Ecwid. Therefore, Ecwid would have to link to the URL for the Custom Hosted Form. This may be a unique URL for every gateway account, but I'm not sure.

If I understand Beanstream's documentation, the Custom Hosted Form can be made to resemble the Ecwid theme. I wonder if it might be possible to recreate the Ecwid Place Order page on the Beanstream payment page.

Also, see page 49 of the attached pdf file about order details

Is this possible?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Beanstream Process Transaction API.pdf (958.2 KB, 280 views)
  #8  
Old 11-15-2011, 06:34 AM
Matt Ecwid's Avatar
Matt Ecwid Matt Ecwid is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C View Post
I found information about passing order details to Beanstream's "Custom Hosted Form" - see the Product Details section at the bottom of this link:

https://beanstreamsupport.pbworks.co...rder%20Details

I believe this is not the standard payment page currently used by Ecwid. Therefore, Ecwid would have to link to the URL for the Custom Hosted Form. This may be a unique URL for every gateway account, but I'm not sure.

If I understand Beanstream's documentation, the Custom Hosted Form can be made to resemble the Ecwid theme. I wonder if it might be possible to recreate the Ecwid Place Order page on the Beanstream payment page.

Also, see page 49 of the attached pdf file about order details

Is this possible?
Thank you for the information.
The explanation of how a product info can be displayed on the payment gateway's side is a bit unclear in the Beanstream documentation. According to their API documentation (for the default payment forms), the information of purchased products can be displayed in email notifications and on some internal merchant report pages.
We have created a ticket in our local bug tracker to further investigate this matter. Our engineers will check whether it is possible to send products info among the order data to the Beanstream gateway and display it on the default payment form there. They will also investigate the possible ways of using Custom Hosted Pages for these purposes.
We will let you know the results.
__________________
Matt K
Ecwid Team

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
  #9  
Old 11-15-2011, 04:03 PM
John C's Avatar
John C John C is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makfruit View Post
We have created a ticket in our local bug tracker to further investigate this matter. Our engineers will check whether it is possible to send products info among the order data to the Beanstream gateway and display it on the default payment form there. They will also investigate the possible ways of using Custom Hosted Pages for these purposes. We will let you know the results.
Thank you for pursuing this matter. Please let me know the results. Sincerely, John
  #10  
Old 12-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Matt Ecwid's Avatar
Matt Ecwid Matt Ecwid is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C View Post
Thank you for pursuing this matter. Please let me know the results. Sincerely, John
Hello John,

Our engineers have investigated the issue. They studied the Beanstream documentation deeply and contacted the Beanstream support. Please read the results below.

First, they confirmed that the Beanstream API doesn't have an option for receiving the order items information from a merchant store. Thus such an information cannot be currently displayed on the transaction submission page using the default payment form.

Second, the Beanstream support informed us that it is possible to create a custom order confirmation page on the payment gateway's side with the help of the Custom payment forms indeed. They also clarified how the custom payment forms work and what should be done for implementing of them. It turns out that if we use the custom payments form then every merchant, who uses Beanstream in Ecwid, will have to create their own payment form. Creation of such a form includes development of a custom per-store server-side script with its own functionality to receive an order info from Ecwid, process it with the help of Beanstream API and send back the transaction results. At the Ecwid's side an URL of that script should be stored and used for redirection a customer to the payment form. Unfortunately, it is impossible to adjust Ecwid for these purposes currently. However, we've created a suggestion in our ideas base for the described functionality. Please vote for the idea if you want it to be implemented sooner:
http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...m-payment-page
__________________
Matt K
Ecwid Team

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
 
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
beanstream, checkout, payment gateway

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:32 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.