The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-18-2011, 03:40 PM

IE issues with Cart page

store is as: http://www.utahportraits.com/hospita...2011/052311mps

My problem is this- in IE (and so far that's the only browser that has issues), items can be added to the cart, but when the user clicks "Go to Checkout," or clicks on the Shopping Cart, they're taken to a "Checkout" page that says there's nothing in the cart!

I do want the user taken to a separate "Checkout" page, but why are the items not there, when using IE? Worked fine on Chrome and Safari. (Haven't checked FF yet)
Old 06-18-2011, 04:45 PM

Doesn't work in Chrome either. Half of the checkout page is off the screen (to the right)

Last edited by slice; 06-28-2016 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:43 PM

Thanks for checking, but that shouldn't be an issue any more. You probably checked it right as I was making some changes.

I have another related question, though. I have added a script that redirects to a separate "checkout" page (because of the issue you saw, that the sidebar is too skinny). It redirects if the "mode = cart" in the url. But once on that checkout page, the "continue shopping" buttons take the user to a store on the same page, rather than back to their original page with the store on the sidebar.

If I could change the behavior of those buttons to just go back, I'd still be left with another problem. The mode would carry in the url to be "cart" again, which would just redirect me to the checkout page again. Is there a way to make a button direct you back, and also change or strip the mode?

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
disappear, items, store