The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-09-2014, 08:42 AM

Future stock options

Hi,

I've been looking at the current options of ecwid considering input of expecting stock quantities in time. Example i have 50 t-shirt at the moment in stock, but on 15-05-2014 50 new t-shirts will be added. Is this possible in ecwid or are there work arounds?

Thanks,
Old 05-12-2014, 05:23 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Boesterd View Post
Hi,

I've been looking at the current options of ecwid considering input of expecting stock quantities in time. Example i have 50 t-shirt at the moment in stock, but on 15-05-2014 50 new t-shirts will be added. Is this possible in ecwid or are there work arounds?

Thanks,
Hi,

Thank you for your post. Yes, certainly, you can update all your products or a part of them in bulk using export/import feature. It allows you to loading new as well as update existing products in your Ecwid store. Also if you need to change only one parameter, like price or quantity, the import will help you with it too.
Please check out our knowledge-base for directions: How can I update my products in bulk

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
Old 05-12-2014, 10:12 AM

Hi,

Thnx for your reply, But that wasn't what i was asking. The idea is that customers can see when the next shipment will arrive and they can order from that shipment (only the delivery will be after the shipment has arrived). Is this possible?

Thanks,
Old 05-14-2014, 09:06 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Boesterd View Post
Hi,

Thnx for your reply, But that wasn't what i was asking. The idea is that customers can see when the next shipment will arrive and they can order from that shipment (only the delivery will be after the shipment has arrived). Is this possible?

Thanks,
Hi,

Please correct me if I'm wrong, a product may be out of stock and should show when the next inventory update is scheduled. Customers should be able to order this product.
I suggest two solutions:

1. To put a notice about upcoming shipment into, e.g., product description or use an attribute displayed as 'Next shipment expected at [date]' on the product page. This way you will have to update the product information manually, for example via import if bulk update is needed.
Information about the attributes feature: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...and-attributes

If the product is out of stock, it cannot be bought: a notice 'out of stock' is displayed, and 'Add to bag' button is hidden. You may want to enable unlimited quantity in stock so that customers are able to buy products any time.

2. To use 'Back in stock notifications' plugin for Ecwid: http://ninjawidget.com/back2stock/index.html
Customers won't be able to buy out of stock items, but will receive email notifications once you update your inventory.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
expecting, future, options, stock