The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:29 PM

Creating New Website to Accomodate ecwid

I am in the process of having a custom website designed for my primary business (florist). I plan to have a page of my website that will also act as a stand-alone website with its own domain, for a side business (candles). I would like to use ecwid for the candle business.

My question: would I be better off utilising a static page of my blog for the candle page that will use ecwid, rather than having it as a part of the custom website?

How many pages will I need for ecwid? Will the static pages my business blog suffice?

I am paying per page for the website, which is why I am considering the static pages. Also, I am comfortable with blogger but don't have website building skills.

Thanks for your help. I hope this question is okay, I feel stuck at the first hurdle.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:40 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
How many pages will I need for ecwid?
One only.

Quote:
Will the static pages my business blog suffice?
Sure.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 04-27-2010, 05:45 PM

Great answer! Thanks for your help.

I would love to see ecwid integrated into a custom webpage (not a blog), if anyone has one.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:53 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloomsday View Post
Great answer! Thanks for your help.

I would love to see ecwid integrated into a custom webpage (not a blog), if anyone has one.
http://www.ecwid.com/demo/showcase/

Old 04-27-2010, 06:26 PM

Thanks!

I hope you will indulge me with one more question. Once the code for ecwid is installed on a custom webpage, are all of the changes made throught the control panel here? Or will I need to make changes to the code of the webpage as well?

Is there an advantage to using Wordpress for ecwid?
Old 04-28-2010, 03:56 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloomsday View Post
Thanks!

I hope you will indulge me with one more question. Once the code for ecwid is installed on a custom webpage, are all of the changes made throught the control panel here? Or will I need to make changes to the code of the webpage as well?
All products, categories, store settings are managed through the control panel. You don't need to touch the integration code.

You should edit it only if you want e.g. to change the number of products per row: http://kb.ecwid.com/Product-Browser#...edSettingsnbsp

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.