The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-30-2014, 04:31 PM

Thumbs up

PartyShop 3.0 with a Slide Generator that Pulls from ECWID database

After some redesign and refinement, PartyShop has reached a new level of maturity and integration.

One new technology (working on Joomla at the moment) that might be of interest to ECWID users is a frontpage Slider that has a generator which can grab from your ECWID database and assemble some pretty smooth looking slides.

The version I'm using is in release candidate and is expected to be available to the general public sometime in the next three months.

Anyone who needs more information, just let me know.

Last edited by PartyShop Group; 09-30-2014 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Line break
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PartyShop Group For This Useful Post:
Matt Ecwid (10-01-2014), Qetzal (10-01-2014)
Old 10-06-2014, 09:47 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyShop Group View Post

After some redesign and refinement, PartyShop has reached a new level of maturity and integration.

One new technology (working on Joomla at the moment) that might be of interest to ECWID users is a frontpage Slider that has a generator which can grab from your ECWID database and assemble some pretty smooth looking slides.

The version I'm using is in release candidate and is expected to be available to the general public sometime in the next three months.

Anyone who needs more information, just let me know.
Hi,

Very nice site and great news about the slider!

Do you plan to make the slider a separate Joomla extension and list in the Joomla extensions directory?

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 10-06-2014, 12:13 PM

Default Slider Generator for Joomla and Wordpress

Hi Matt K,

I reached out to Gabor Racz of http://www.nextendweb.com/ and floated the idea of creating a "generator" that hooks into ECWID database.

His Slider2 already supports generating content from other shopping carts but not ECWID, so I made the suggestion and thankfully he accepted the challenge.

So quite literally you can use the Slider2 by Nextend to present any number of different content. What I wanted was the ability to display ECWID stock, prices, images etc on a Joomla front page.

Gabor is still testing it and last conversation I had with him was it would be about three months until the next update of Slider2 for the general public. Prices are very reasonable and I've not been able to find anything that comes as close to the flexibility of this extension. Oh and a side note: Slider2 is also made for Wordpress. Stay tuned.

I'll post here again once the product is stable and released.

Thanks ECWID.
The Following User Says Thank You to PartyShop Group For This Useful Post:
Matt Ecwid (10-07-2014)
Old 10-06-2014, 10:03 PM

Update: Spoke with Gabor last night about Slider2 and Nextend's plan is to release this software with support for ECWID in the next month. I suspect it will be released as SmartSlider3.

The new version of Slider2 has some really cool revised features apart from ECWID generator compatibility. The version we're using on PartyShop is a Release Candidate but for us gives us the chance to start pulling data from the ECWID database and showing our ECWID shop wares in a groovy way on the front page.

SmartSlider2 (SmartSlider3) now supports animation timelines to make a more visual User Interface which shows animation builds and their ordering and timings. The interface is more intuitive than before which should reduce the learning curve. Fantastic addition to your Joomla e-commerce or Wordpress e-commerce website.

See this early preview of what's coming Please excuse the demo content that has a Shopify signup Kinda ironic because Shopify doesn't touch ECWID for power and flexibility

Last edited by PartyShop Group; 10-06-2014 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention some important things!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PartyShop Group For This Useful Post:
Arthur Belostotsky (10-07-2014), Matt Ecwid (10-07-2014)
Old 10-07-2014, 08:07 AM
Ecwid Team

What a great news! Thanks for sharing.

By the way, we recently released our new API (Ecwid API v3), which is a way more powerful than the old version. The new API is now in closed beta, still it properly works in production and a few developers are already working on their applications for Ecwid.

The sliders developer could also be interested in using this new API in the current or upcoming versions of their slider. So, if you don't mind, I'd like to reach them out and tell more about the API v3. Can you please share their contact with me?. Thank you very much!

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials

Last edited by Matt K; 10-07-2014 at 12:23 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:59 PM

You have mail, Matt Thanks for your interest.
The Following User Says Thank You to PartyShop Group For This Useful Post:
Matt Ecwid (10-08-2014)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
ecwid generator, ecwid slider joomla, ecwid slider wordpress