The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-01-2014, 07:13 PM

Default items ordered in inverse date order

I would like to order my items in inverse date order.
How can I do?
Old 04-02-2014, 02:01 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arredare Oggi View Post
I would like to order my items in inverse date order.
How can I do?
If I got your idea right, you would like the position of each product on category pages to be determined by the date when it was added to the store. The product that you added last should be displayed at the very bottom of the page. As such way of sorting products isn't a commonly requested one Ecwid doesn't support it. However, if it's crucial for you to display products like this you can develop a custom script that will connect to our product API to retrieve products' data and form the list of products sorted in the desired order. If you require help with developing such script you can order development services from our Qualiteam friends. Send an e-mail to sales@qtmsoft.com describing what you would like to do and they will get back to you with a cost estimation for the task and timeframes for it's completion.

help portal
Old 04-02-2014, 02:07 PM

Make what you described is already possible with an option in the control panel.
I want the opposite.
Last inserted on top!
Old 04-03-2014, 09:04 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Make what you described is already possible with an option in the control panel.
I want the opposite.
Last inserted on top!
If by last inserted you mean newly added products it is possible to have them displayed on the top. I.e. the more time has passed since you added the product the further down on the page it will be displayed. If this what you would like to achieve you should select "Date added" for "Default Products Sort Order" option on System settings -> General -> Cart page of Ecwid control panel.

help portal
Old 04-03-2014, 09:14 AM

I already do that!
I'm telling that the order is the opposite!
Selecting 'Date added' the newest inserted are on the bottom!
For example check my shop in the section of appliances and note that the hobs are first inserted and are on top!
http://outlet.arredareoggi.it/TEST/s...=0&sort=normal
Old 04-07-2014, 12:24 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
I already do that!
I'm telling that the order is the opposite!
Selecting 'Date added' the newest inserted are on the bottom!
For example check my shop in the section of appliances and note that the hobs are first inserted and are on top!
http://outlet.arredareoggi.it/TEST/s...=0&sort=normal
This happens because the link that you posted contains "sort=normal" part which forces the products to be displayed in normal order: the latest added products are shown at the bottom of the page. Ecwid remembers the sorting option selected by the client and generates links to category pages taking into account the desired order of products' displaying.

If you open up your store in incognito mode in your web-browser you'll notice that the links to category page contain "sort=addedTimeDesc" and products are sorted by the date when they were added (which you set as "Default Products Sort Order" on System settings -> General -> Cart page of Ecwid control panel): the newly added products go to the top of the page. They will be sorted that way unless site visitor chooses another sorting option via "Sort by" drop-down.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

help portal

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
date, order