The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-20-2013, 12:53 AM

Text fields not appearing in cart

Hello,

I have a text field set up in some products for customers to enter text to customize their product.

However, it does not show up in the cart, and does not show up in orders. I've copied the HTML over and it's still not working.

Please help.

Thanks.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:51 AM

What is the URL address of the page where that happens?
Old 09-23-2013, 03:40 PM

The page is: http://www.crashbats.com/pro-custom.html

The Pro Custom Youth is set to a text field and the Pro Custom Adult is set to a text area. Neither show up in the floating cart or in the orders area in my control panel.

Can anyone help me with this? I'm having issues with customers since there is no record of what they enter.

Thanks.

Last edited by Makfruit; 09-25-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:16 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashbats View Post
The page is: http://www.crashbats.com/pro-custom.html

The Pro Custom Youth is set to a text field and the Pro Custom Adult is set to a text area. Neither show up in the floating cart or in the orders area in my control panel.

Can anyone help me with this? I'm having issues with customers since there is no record of what they enter.

Thanks.
Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

I've inspected your site. The issue is caused by the fact that you changed the original HTML code copied from the HTML tab of the product when placing the single product widget on your site and, in particular, the div container for the 'Customization' text input has been removed. The thing is Ecwid uses that div to locate and retrieve the user-defined option value before adding an item to the cart. So, in order to fix the issue you will need to restore that div in the HTML code.

So, the corresponding HTML code fragment for the top product on your site currently looks like this:
Code:
<label for="ecwid-productoption-27713389-Customization_:002820_character_max:0029">Customizat​ion (20 character max): </label>
<input type="text" id="ecwid-productoption-27713389-Customization_:002820_character_max:0029" maxlength="20" placeholder="Customize here"><br>
And you will need to change it to this:
Code:
<div id="ecwid-productoption-27713389-Customization_:002820_character_max:0029-container">
<label for="ecwid-productoption-27713389-Customization_:002820_character_max:0029">Customizat​ion (20 character max): </label>
<input type="text" id="ecwid-productoption-27713389-Customization_:002820_character_max:0029" maxlength="20" placeholder="Customize here"><br>
</div>
That should help.

You can find this code in your control panel under the HTML tab of the product management page. As you can see, the only 'id' property of the div element is crucial, so you can remove the 'class' property in order to not impact your design. The same is true for the second product on that page. Please mind the second product has its own IDs and you will need to find the corresponding div element in your control panel. Please let me know if you have difficulties with that.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 09-25-2013, 10:00 PM

Awesome, that's what I was missing. Thanks for the help!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
cart, text field