The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:21 AM

Remove billing address still doesn't work

Hi

I only sell egoods. Removing the billing address still doesn't work.
I've unchecked (Catalog/Products/General/(This product requires shipping)) but the billingaddress still shows up on check out.

What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
Old 01-28-2013, 04:56 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19eddyjohn75 View Post
Hi

I only sell egoods. Removing the billing address still doesn't work.
I've unchecked (Catalog/Products/General/(This product requires shipping)) but the billingaddress still shows up on check out.

What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
Currently, Ecwid automatically hides the shipping address request when intangible product has been added to the cart. The billing address is mandatory and therefore it is not possible to hide it completely now. Please, refer to this post for details: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8582#3

Our engineers are currently working on the functionality, which allows to do this. Please, vote for this idea here: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...illing-address and we will email you when this feature will be added in Ecwid.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 01-29-2013, 07:55 AM

Dear Maya

Here the status says "STARTED" I'm also sending this message because I got a email that this was implemented.

According to Kess's message it's possible to remove the billingaddress with Css, but I can't get it to work.

Last edited by 19eddyjohn75; 01-29-2013 at 08:01 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Here the status says "STARTED" I'm also sending this message because I got a email that this was implemented.
It sounds pretty weird, actually. This functionality will be added in the next Ecwid version only. Could you resend me the email that you get at support@ecwid.com.

Quote:
According to Kess's message it's possible to remove the billingaddress with Css, but I can't get it to work.
I have checked your store and found out that you have not created you custom CSS theme yet. The thing is that CSS codes, which described in this post: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?p=62564 should be added into custom CSS theme of your Ecwid store, in other case, they will not be applied to it.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 09-22-2013, 10:14 AM

Default Remove shipping address on checkout for digital goods.

Hello,

I would like to offer free digital "egoods" on my ecwid storefront but do not wish to have my customers fill out billing information.

If possible, i'd like customers to only have to fill out their email and then be able to download the egood immediately.

Is this possible? If so, can you please point me in the right direction. If not, do you have any ideas on existing workarounds in order to try and get a similar result?

Thank you in advance! Please see attachment.

-Will
contact@willwong.me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jump-for-Joy-Foundation---Resources.jpg (112.3 KB, 161 views)
Old 09-23-2013, 07:32 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump for Joy Foundation View Post
Hello,

I would like to offer free digital "egoods" on my ecwid storefront but do not wish to have my customers fill out billing information.

If possible, i'd like customers to only have to fill out their email and then be able to download the egood immediately.

Is this possible? If so, can you please point me in the right direction. If not, do you have any ideas on existing workarounds in order to try and get a similar result?

Thank you in advance! Please see attachment.

-Will
contact@willwong.me

Please, refer to this post: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17660#2

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.