The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-04-2014, 03:19 PM

Exporting orders, multiple options not in csv

I'm exporting orders to a csv file. The products have 2 custimized options but instead of putting both options in the options column it puts the first option there but not the second one, which is then lost in the csv...

Any ideas guys!?
The Following User Says Thank You to Theatergroep Horizon For This Useful Post:
Tegina Williams (07-09-2020)
Old 07-09-2014, 04:01 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theatergroep Horizon View Post
I'm exporting orders to a csv file. The products have 2 custimized options but instead of putting both options in the options column it puts the first option there but not the second one, which is then lost in the csv...

Any ideas guys!?
Hello!

I inspected your store and found that some orders contain two product options values given by customers, and some orders - only one option value indeed. At the same time there are some orders without product options values. Therefore these options values are missing in the CSV export file with the orders.

This issue could probably happen because customers left the options fields empty while adding a product to bag as they’re not required.

In case adding this information is a must for your store, you can mark the options as mandatory:
Please, go to Catalog -> Products -> a Product page -> Options tab. Then tick the “Required option” checkbox. After these changes customers will not be able to skip this step and every order will have the options.

Please, feel free to contact us if you have further questions.

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:51 AM

Default csv continued

Hi Wendy,

I totally get that when a customer doesn't tick for one of the options it doesn't appear in the csv; no problem there. The issue surfaces when a customer ticks both options; then the first one appears in the csv and the second one is either lost, or as happened while we were still testing; it appears on a new line in the csv, messing up the columns.

I hope that clarifies it a bit. Any ideas?

Maarten
Old 07-10-2014, 12:35 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Hi Wendy,

I totally get that when a customer doesn't tick for one of the options it doesn't appear in the csv; no problem there. The issue surfaces when a customer ticks both options; then the first one appears in the csv and the second one is either lost, or as happened while we were still testing; it appears on a new line in the csv, messing up the columns.

I hope that clarifies it a bit. Any ideas?

Maarten

Hello Maarten!

Please, send me your CSV file (you can attach it to the message) and a screenshot with the export settings.
Please, also give me an order number, where the issue appears.
Besides that, please mind not every editor opens CSV file correctly. I recommend you using OpenOffice.org free office suite.

Old 07-10-2014, 04:03 PM

Default continued

Hi again,

It occurs in order 10 and 20: in both cases the client has two options ticked and only the first appears in the csv when opened in Excel. In openoffice both options show indeed, and now it's just a matter of getting it in the right columns!

thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv orders_2014-07-10_17-54.csv (5.4 KB, 110 views)
Old 07-11-2014, 11:24 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Hi again,

It occurs in order 10 and 20: in both cases the client has two options ticked and only the first appears in the csv when opened in Excel. In openoffice both options show indeed, and now it's just a matter of getting it in the right columns!

thanks
Hello!

I opened your CSV file in OpenOffice text editor and found that orders 10 and 20 have two options, which are shown correctly and in the right column. Please, check the screenshot: http://take.ms/TKk10.
Moreover, I compared them with the orders in your Ecwid control panel, Sales tab and made sure the Ecwid export tool was working properly, i.e. all data from the control panel appeared in the CSV file.

Please, provide me a screenshot how the export file looks in your editor. In some cases the table in CSV file could be shown incorrectly in old versions of Excel. Which version do you use?

Anyway, we recommend using free OpenOffice app to edit and save your CSV export files.

Old 07-11-2014, 12:46 PM

Default thanks

Hi Wendy,

It's sorted on this end: indeed it's all in the export files and with openoffice we can get it right!

Thanks for your help,

Maarten

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.