The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-12-2017, 04:45 PM

Styling embeded products on a non-ecwid site

Is it possible to style embedded products on a non-ecwid site/theme? I clicked the "Embed Products" tab and customized my product via the check boxes and then pasted the code into my own custom website. I tried to create a new CCS via settings > design and activated it, though I assume that's only for Ecwid themes and not for a stand alone site as it made no difference. Also I notice the product description is not available with the embed product scenario, or am I overlooking something? I like the concept of simply embedding the code, but if I can't style it, then that's a deal breaker.

Last edited by Buck Wheat; 06-12-2017 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:52 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Wheat View Post
Is it possible to style embedded products on a non-ecwid site/theme? I clicked the "Embed Products" tab and customized my product via the check boxes and then pasted the code into my own custom website. I tried to create a new CCS via settings > design and activated it, though I assume that's only for Ecwid themes and not for a stand alone site as it made no difference. Also I notice the product description is not available with the embed product scenario, or am I overlooking something? I like the concept of simply embedding the code, but if I can't style it, then that's a deal breaker.
Hello,

Ecwid Customer Care team is here.

Thank you for contacting us! I'd be happy to help you.

In general, Ecwid Single product widget gives the opportunity to add products to your website separately using embed HTML product code. You can use special parameters to customize single products on your storefront and add more info about your product using this feature. Here is the list of properties to display:
  • picture
  • title
  • price
  • options
  • quantity
  • “Add to bag” button

Also, you can change the appearance of your product:
  • Add a boarder
  • Show price inside the "Buy now" button
  • Center align on a page (turn off if you want to place several widgets in a row)

Try different variations of settings: you should just check or uncheck a variant to see the result in the preview to the left.

Single product widgets do not include other information about your products, such as product description, image gallery and thumbnails. The main goal of Single product widget is to insert “Add to Bag” button to any place of your website. It is supposed that the rest information about the product (description, gallery, etc.) will be placed on the website. For example, the single product widgets can be used if you want to promote the featured products on the site homepage.

Yet, you still can change the color of Buy now button for the single widget. You should add the below give CSS code into the bottom of your active CSS theme in control panel > Settings > Design > 'Edit theme' button:

Code:
.ecwid-btn.ecwid-btn--primary.ecwid-btn--addToBag.ecwid-btn--actionOK {
background: red;
}
If you do not have a custom CSS theme now, you should proceed to your Ecwid control panel > Settings > Design page and click on "Create CSS theme" button, like this: http://take.ms/POGrr then, click on "New CSS theme" button, like this: http://take.ms/fRBu1

Also, you can use HEX codes to identify the specific color. It is a special number which means the particular color. Check this link to find more colors and hex codes: http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css_colors.asp

Just in case, here is more detailed info about the single product widget: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...ct-on-my-site-

I hope this helps. Feel free to get in touch with us again, in case further support is needed. Thanks!

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.