The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-02-2016, 04:08 AM

Need Help - I have an Issue with: "Product option variants are not specified"

Hello,

I have discovered that the options feature added to a product has been updated by Ecwid and now acts differently causing the following message to appear: "Product option variants are not specified".

This is a problem because in some cases I would use an option as a divider/header for a product listed below it.

Example: --- Audio Tape Section ---

To create my divider/header I would choose "New Option", add a title, then choose "Radio Buttons" as the "Input Type" and not choose "New Selection". This method has been functioning fine since I began using Ecwid in 2011 and until now.

Now that Ecwid has updated how the options function, I can no longer use it as a divider/header. If I do so, I get the message: "Product option variants are not specified".

The following webpage shows how I use 4 dividers/headers to call out and separate product options. The dividers/headers that appear are:

"From the list of items below, select the product(s) you want to reorder. IMPORTANT: You can only reorder what you previously ordered."

"--- Audio Tape Section ---"

"--- DVD Slideshow Section ---"

"--- Photo Book Section ---"

http://www.classicmemories.com/order...tegory=4391149

Question:
Can you provide me with a solution so I can create a divider/header for my product options section and avoid the error message?

I appreciate your assistance with this matter. Thank you.

Best regards,

Neil
Old 01-04-2016, 02:10 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Hello,

I have discovered that the options feature added to a product has been updated by Ecwid and now acts differently causing the following message to appear: "Product option variants are not specified".

This is a problem because in some cases I would use an option as a divider/header for a product listed below it.

Example: --- Audio Tape Section ---

To create my divider/header I would choose "New Option", add a title, then choose "Radio Buttons" as the "Input Type" and not choose "New Selection". This method has been functioning fine since I began using Ecwid in 2011 and until now.

Now that Ecwid has updated how the options function, I can no longer use it as a divider/header. If I do so, I get the message: "Product option variants are not specified".

The following webpage shows how I use 4 dividers/headers to call out and separate product options. The dividers/headers that appear are:

"From the list of items below, select the product(s) you want to reorder. IMPORTANT: You can only reorder what you previously ordered."

"--- Audio Tape Section ---"

"--- DVD Slideshow Section ---"

"--- Photo Book Section ---"

http://www.classicmemories.com/order...tegory=4391149

Question:
Can you provide me with a solution so I can create a divider/header for my product options section and avoid the error message?

I appreciate your assistance with this matter. Thank you.

Best regards,

Neil
Hello!
Thank you for reaching out!

I understand your situation and yes, you are right, it is now required to specify the option variants if “radio buttons”, “drop-down list” or “checkboxes” input type is selected.

However, there is a CSS solution that may help you use an option title as a divider/header in the options list. To do so, please follow the instructions below:

1) Log in to your Ecwid Control Panel
2) Create a new product or select an existing one to edit
3) Click on the Options tab and create a new option
4) Enter the title that you’d like to use as a divider/header and select the input type “text field”
5) Save the changes.

Now the option will appear with a text field under the title (take a look at the screenshot below):

You can remove this text field with the help of CSS. To do so, please, insert the following CSS code into your active custom CSS theme (if you don’t have any custom CSS themes yet, you can create one in your Ecwid Control Panel > Settings > Design > New CSS Theme):
Code:
.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-123456789 input.gwt-TextBox {
display: none !important;
}
Do not forget to change the 123456789 to the ID of the Product Page you want to apply the changes to. You can find the product page’s ID in the link to the page:

After you activate the custom CSS theme and save the changes, the text field on a certain product’s page won’t be displayed anymore so you can use the title of the option as a divider/header (take a look at the screenshot below):

I hope this solution helps.

If you have any more questions, we are always here to help.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:11 AM

Dear Anna,

I am thrilled to mention that your solution for creating a divider/header under options works PERFECTLY! Thank you!

Curious, is there a way for me to change the color of the divider/header from black to red, such as: color: #990000 ?

Lastly, are there plans to incorporate a divider/header as an input type in the near future? Besides dashes, perhaps another input type could be a horizontal rule. I believe such an addition would simplify the user's experience when wanting to add dividers/headers as an option.

I look forward to your reply

Best regards,

Neil
Old 01-05-2016, 06:03 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Dear Anna,

I am thrilled to mention that your solution for creating a divider/header under options works PERFECTLY! Thank you!

Curious, is there a way for me to change the color of the divider/header from black to red, such as: color: #990000 ?

Lastly, are there plans to incorporate a divider/header as an input type in the near future? Besides dashes, perhaps another input type could be a horizontal rule. I believe such an addition would simplify the user's experience when wanting to add dividers/headers as an option.

I look forward to your reply

Best regards,

Neil
Hello Neil!
I am glad the solution is helpful!

As the option titles are recognized by the system as one and the same element, it is only possible to change the color of all the option titles at the same time. You can do this by adding the following CSS code to your active custom CSS theme:
Code:
div.ecwid-productBrowser-details-optionPanel label.ecwid-fieldLabel {
color: #any_color;
}
As far as I know, there are no plans on adding a divider element to the options input types. But I will discuss your feedback with our Product Management team to see if the feature can be implemented. Meanwhile, you can suggest this idea in Ecwid Ideas Base to let other customers vote for it. Thank you!

Old 01-06-2016, 06:53 AM

Hello Anna,

Thank you for your recent reply on how to color options. Also, I do hope your Product Management team considers adding divider elements to the options input types. It's always great to have options

Best regards,

Neil
Old 01-06-2016, 03:37 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Hello Anna,

Thank you for your recent reply on how to color options. Also, I do hope your Product Management team considers adding divider elements to the options input types. It's always great to have options

Best regards,

Neil
Hello Neil!
You are always welcome!

Yes, I’ve already passed your suggestion to our Product Management team. If the feature is implemented I will make sure this thread is updated.

Feel free to contact us for help if you have any more questions.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
option, product, variants