The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-25-2014, 11:43 AM

Hi.
Testing out a new ECWID store I'm having some problems with the email notifications.
The address isn't coming through correctly for both the buyer and the store owners address?

In the email generated for a 'new order' to the customer the 'state' is displaying correctly, but the emails to admin all seem to have this field truncated and changed to upper case?

i.e. Essex becomes ESS, Kent becomes KEN

I'm using the default email templates.
It looks like the email variables involved are:
%office_stateOrProvinceName%
%shipping_stateOrProvinceCode%
%billing_stateOrProvinceCode%

I've spent ages trying to find the problem - can anyone help please?
Thanks.

Any ideas?

Please let me know if you need more details...

Last edited by Liza; 03-28-2014 at 08:28 AM.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:41 PM

Hello,
Thanks for the message. And sorry for the waiting.

I reproduced your situation by placing an order in my Ecwid store using the same notification template and got abbreviation instead of full name of province as well.

Let me explain how the notifications tags work in Ecwid.

Ecwid allows using different notification tags depending on your needs. Tags allow you to show certain information in the notifications and customize the way they are displayed. For instance, when you use %..._stateOrProvinceCode% tag, then the state/province name is shown as a code of that specific state which contains of a few upper-case letters (e.g., KNT for Kent or ESS for Essex). In case the tag %..._stateOrProvinceName% is used Ecwid sends notifications which contain the full name of the state.

I’ve checked your Ecwid notification templates and noticed that you’re using notification tags %..._stateOrProvinceCode%. Therefore you're getting abbreviations. If you want the name of the states to be shown in full you can:

1. Replace the tags %..._stateOrProvinceCode% with the tags %..._stateOrProvinceName%

or

1. Return the default settings. To return the default settings, please do the following:

a. Go to System Settings -> Mail -> Notifications
b. Choose necessary notification templates (“Edit the message”)
c. Click button “Revert to system default” and then “Save” in the pop-up window of notification template. Please see the attached screenshots:
Name:  mail.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  235.3 KB
Name:  notifications.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  26.7 KB

As a result your mail notifications will include full name of state.

More info about mail notifications in our Knowledge Base.

I’ll be happy to answer your questions.

Last edited by Vlad_R; 03-31-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:07 PM

Many thanks for that - I'll give things a try.

NB. I look after 2 ECWID real stores for clients - the one in my account is just my personal/development one

I believe all the email templates are already using default settings but now I know what variable to change etc.

Thanks again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hmmm UK For This Useful Post:
Vlad_R (03-31-2014)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.