The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 09:26 PM

Did you fix that buttons are hardcoded. Meaning the text can not be tranlsated unlsess you overwrite?
I wonder if ecwid can become multi langage sometime? Meaning chose language drop down.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:18 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Abdulla1 View Post
Did you fix that buttons are hardcoded. Meaning the text can not be tranlsated unlsess you overwrite?
I wonder if ecwid can become multi langage sometime? Meaning chose language drop down.
Hugo,

1. Buttons are not hardcoded, so there is nothing to fix. The buttons are images, but customers always see them in the store's language.

2. There is no need for drop-down menu, because the whole system should be even simplier.
Why do you want to ask your customers to choose a language, if we already can determine the language customer wants to use? Ecwid is a smart shopping cart, it always shows the necessary language automatically. So your customers see your store in their native languages immediately.

Please refer to this article for details: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/22978888/...20and%20How-to

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 12-14-2010, 01:50 AM

Quote:
1. Buttons are not hardcoded, so there is nothing to fix. The buttons are images, but customers always see them in the store's language.
Right, I know they are images and my question was can ecwid be multi language.
Say default langage is Spanish but with a dropdown you can change it to English.

Quote:
2. There is no need for drop-down menu, because the whole system should be even simplier.
Why do you want to ask your customers to choose a language, if we already can determine the language customer wants to use? Ecwid is a smart shopping cart, it always shows the necessary language automatically. So your customers see your store in their native languages immediately.
What do you mean? I it always one language. Are you talking about some future feature?
Old 12-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Abdulla1 View Post
Right, I know they are images and my question was can ecwid be multi language.
Say default langage is Spanish but with a dropdown you can change it to English.

What do you mean? I it always one language. Are you talking about some future feature?
Hugo, please refer to this article: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/22978888/...anslationswork

I'm talking about an already existing feature.
Ecwid automatically shows the most suitable language. So, if a customer's language is English, than the store will be in Enlgish. If a customer's language is Spanish, then the store will be in Spanish.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:52 AM

Hi. I am offering translation to Slovak. It would be easier (and quicker) if I could use Czech lang as base. Is it possible? Thank you!
Old 01-26-2011, 01:26 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advix View Post
Hi. I am offering translation to Slovak. It would be easier (and quicker) if I could use Czech lang as base. Is it possible? Thank you!
Sure, it is possible. The necessary file is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ecwid-CS.txt (27.9 KB, 78 views)

Old 01-27-2011, 08:25 PM

Hi, if we have translated ecwid 3.x to Lithuanian, should we retranslate completely for ecwid6.x or maybe some diff files available to translate only different/new strings?

also additional question: where is used string ChooseLocationAndShippingPopup.get_quote=Get a quote (88th row in labels.txt file)?
Thanks.

Last edited by kurapka hackerWP; 01-28-2011 at 05:43 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurapka hackerWP View Post
Hi, if we have translated ecwid 3.x to Lithuanian, should we retranslate completely for ecwid6.x or maybe some diff files available to translate only different/new strings?

also additional question: where is used string ChooseLocationAndShippingPopup.get_quote=Get a quote (88th row in labels.txt file)?
Thanks.
Hi,

1. It is better to take the list of labels in v6.0, translate them and send to us. Then we will add it to the Ecwid core, so it will be possible to enable this language in the Ecwid control panel without installing JavaScript files.

2. It isn't used at this moment.

Closed Thread
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.