The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:44 PM

Custom confirmation email for each product?

I sell about 10 products. Some include files and/or webpage addresses to be sent to the buyer. No two are the same.

I know that I can designate the files to be sent with each product in the product section of my control panel, but how can I include specific webpage addresses for the ordered product(s) in the confirmation email?

Can I custom configure a confirmation email for each product?

If not, can the webpage URL be uploaded as a file? (probably not, but thought I'd ask).

If none of these work, what would you suggest?
Old 03-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Baer View Post
I sell about 10 products. Some include files and/or webpage addresses to be sent to the buyer. No two are the same.

I know that I can designate the files to be sent with each product in the product section of my control panel, but how can I include specific webpage addresses for the ordered product(s) in the confirmation email?

Can I custom configure a confirmation email for each product?

If not, can the webpage URL be uploaded as a file? (probably not, but thought I'd ask).

If none of these work, what would you suggest?

Unfortunately it isn't possible yet to send different notifications based on the ordered products. So feel free to register a new idea.

As a possible workaround I suggest to add a HTML file to each product with a link to the necessary website.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 03-18-2010, 01:20 AM

Quote:
As a possible workaround I suggest to add a HTML file to each product with a link to the necessary website.
How do I add a HTML file to a product?

I tried to do this in the control panel in the Products -> Files section. This only allows me to upload files from my computer. Not sure now what to do.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Baer View Post
How do I add a HTML file to a product?

I tried to do this in the control panel in the Products -> Files section. This only allows me to upload files from my computer. Not sure now what to do.
First you should create an HTML file on your computer. You can use any free WYSIWYG editor for this.
Then please upload the created file.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:06 PM

I just voted for an idea about this... even if the one confirmation email allowed a tag like "<sku=#####>Text that appears if customer orders that sku</sku>... that would be GREAT
Old 04-16-2010, 02:49 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Sashen View Post
I just voted for an idea about this... even if the one confirmation email allowed a tag like "<sku=#####>Text that appears if customer orders that sku</sku>... that would be GREAT
Very nice idea, thank you.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:56 PM

I ditto this request. Seems like a very easy solution.
Old 07-31-2015, 12:30 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Mill View Post
I ditto this request. Seems like a very easy solution.
Hello Alex,

thank you for getting in touch with us.

As far as I understand, you want to send a different confirmation email, depending on the product purchased. It's not quite an easy solution to implement, since a customer can order several different products in one order and the system won't be able to determine, which email message to send.

Can you please provide more details of your goal? What products do you sell? What kind of emails do you want to send to the customers and in what cases? If I understand the workflow of your sales, I might be able to provide a solution.

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:56 PM

Thanks, Ginger! You make a very excellent point!

Perhaps I don't necessarily need a custom email per product, but rather a way to include a link with the product, so customers who purchased that product could access a special page on my site.

For instance, I sell an online retreat on self-compassion and I would love to have customers who have paid be able to click on a special link in the confirmation email to continue the process on a web page on my site. Very similar to the "download link" with a digital product.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks for you time and assistance with this, Ginger.

In lovingkindness,
Alex
Old 08-03-2015, 12:08 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Mill View Post
Thanks, Ginger! You make a very excellent point!

Perhaps I don't necessarily need a custom email per product, but rather a way to include a link with the product, so customers who purchased that product could access a special page on my site.

For instance, I sell an online retreat on self-compassion and I would love to have customers who have paid be able to click on a special link in the confirmation email to continue the process on a web page on my site. Very similar to the "download link" with a digital product.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks for you time and assistance with this, Ginger.

In lovingkindness,
Alex
Hi Alex,

thank you for the clarification. If you need to include an instant link (I mean, it will always be the same for all buyers), you can do the following.

Make the system treat your items as downloadable goods by attaching any file to them in the 'Files' tab. It can be any file, a thank you for ordering note or a promo picture will do.

Edit the 'Download e-Good' email notification template. It contains a special variable that populates the link to the attached file, ${file.url}.

If you edit the line that includes this variable (line 70):

Code:
<a href="${file.url}" target="_blank" style="text-decoration: none;">${file.name}</a> (<#if file.type?has_content>${file.type}, </#if>${file.size})
to be like:

Code:
<a href="http://example.com" target="_blank" style="text-decoration: none;">Click here to view/a>
you will be able to send a link to your website in each message that is triggered, when a downloadable file is purchased. Remember to replace the example link and text to your own ones. Please, note that in case you need to send different links for different customers or for different files, this workflow won't do.

You may also want to change the default Download eGood email template to better match your needs. Default mail templates can be edited in your Control Panel at page Mail.

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
confirmation email, email, product files