The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 12-25-2012, 03:00 AM

Search Function for Mobile Store

Hi
I have seen an old post (more than 3 years old) on search function for mobile store - not sure if it is still open.

Is there a search option for the mobile store? Have configured my mobile store, but since it has more than 1000 products, it is critical for me to have a search button.

http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=501

Regards
Puru
Old 12-25-2012, 03:09 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthy World1 View Post
Hi
I have seen an old post (more than 3 years old) on search function for mobile store - not sure if it is still open.

Is there a search option for the mobile store? Have configured my mobile store, but since it has more than 1000 products, it is critical for me to have a search button.

http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=501

Regards
Puru
Hi,

The search isn't supported in the mobile catalog, unfortunately. The mobile catalog was designed for old mobiles (feature phones) that don't have browsers capable to deliver full website content. Hence the catalog has certain limits as to for ex. the search function isn't implemented there.
Almost all modern mobile devices are able to fully display website content. So with such a large number of products, we recommend using full version of your Ecwid store for mobiles too. Usual Ecwid version has powerful search function that your customers with smartphones and tablets will be able to use as well.

We do understand that the progress has moved forward seriously at present and such a mobile catalog is no longer up to date. Currently we're working on redesigning Ecwid layout to make it responsive:
http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...-it-responsive
The new features are already developed considering the new responsive design. So in several months your customers will be able to freely browse and buy from your Ecwid shop from any screen, and the mobile catalog as it is may not be necessary.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
mobile store, search button