The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:39 PM

Exclamation

Mobile Store - Google Verification

Hi

Using Google's webmaster tools, I'm trying to "verify" ownership of mstore.innovakayak.com (which points to 174.129.206.203).

Google wants me to put this in the meta-tags: <meta name="google-site-verification" content="hiTvCxS_bAAWopVgq92ucU1HfAAHdqZfK06C8vmcm u8" />

However, I don't have access to the meta-tags since this store is generated by Ecwid.

Long-term: It would be great if -- in the long-term -- you would add a field for store verification to the mobile store tab (yes, I'll add that to the ideas).

Short-term: Do you have any suggestions that could facilitate my work here? The overarching goal is to have google digest my sitemap -- which they will do once ownership is verified.

Thanks!
Old 03-23-2010, 12:57 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandylanda View Post
Hi

Using Google's webmaster tools, I'm trying to "verify" ownership of mstore.innovakayak.com (which points to 174.129.206.203).

Google wants me to put this in the meta-tags: <meta name="google-site-verification" content="hiTvCxS_bAAWopVgq92ucU1HfAAHdqZfK06C8vmcm u8" />

However, I don't have access to the meta-tags since this store is generated by Ecwid.

Long-term: It would be great if -- in the long-term -- you would add a field for store verification to the mobile store tab (yes, I'll add that to the ideas).

Short-term: Do you have any suggestions that could facilitate my work here? The overarching goal is to have google digest my sitemap -- which they will do once ownership is verified.

Thanks!
Thank you for the suggestion. Please register it at http://ideas.ecwid.com.

How to verify it for now:

1. Point the http://mstore.innovakayak.com subdomain to your IP.
2. Verify it using an external HTML file.
3. Point it back to our IP.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 06-24-2011, 03:23 PM

Default If you Have C-Panel Try This!

I verified with Google by Adding a DNS Record via C Panel by going to Advanced DNS Editor

In the Add a Record box:
1. Enter your domain name like this: myexample.com (do not add a period at the end-it add its automatically)
2. TTL: 14400 (or look below to match the other Zone File Records TTL#)
3. in the Type: dropdown menu select: TXT
4. enter the google verification that you copied from google verification page.
5. Click the Verify button on Google

I find this to be the easiest way to do it, and it isn't affected by template/ component upgrades in the future.

Good Luck!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
google verification, mobile store, sitemap