The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:06 PM

Add to cart does not function when iOS is set to Block Cookies

Hi,

After reading the following post - http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23806 I wondered how you were getting on with fixing this bug.

To summarise, if the 'Always Block' option is set in the 'Block Cookies' settings under Safari on iOS version 7 and above, the add to bag\cart option does not work. When attempting to add a product to the cart the cart remains empty. The issue can be resolved by changing the Block Cookies option to any other setting but 'Always Block'.

As a business we are losing sales as customers with iOS Safari cookies set to Always Block prevents them from adding any products to the cart.

Do you have an update on this issue? The add to cart function does work on IE Private Browsing so it looks like it is possible.

Many thanks

Steve
Old 01-22-2015, 03:12 PM
Ecwid Team

Dear Steve,

Thanks a lot for your message!

I am very sorry you have faced this issue.

The post you are referring to is a on bit different matter. I am afraid that when the cookies are totally blocked, it is not possible to add products to cart on any dynamic site (not just in Ecwid stores) and in any browser no matter mobile or desktop.

The information about the products that were added to cart is kept in the browser local storage of your device, i.e. in cookies. And when browsing with disabled cookies, the information about the pages you have visited is not stored. This is done to protect your private information and block some websites from tracking your behaviour. The browser won't remember the pages you visit, your search history, or your AutoFill information.

Thus, when all cookies are blocked (in any browser), the web browser can not “remember”, that some products were added to the bag, and the "Your bag is empty" message is shown instead of the products. As a workaround variant I suggest that you add a note to “Your bag is empty” message, e.g. “If you're receiving this message in error, we recommend you allow cookies in your browser”.

To add this note to the message please add the following script in the source code of the page where the cart is embedded:

Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
ecwidMessages = {
"EmptyShoppingCartPanel.empty":"YOUR SHOPPING BAG IS EMPTY. (If you're receiving this message in error, we recommend you allow cookies in your browser)"
};
</script>
Please see the article with detailed information on how to change labels in Ecwid:
http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...m-translations

As far as I can see, you already have a message like this, but using the code above you can place it on the page with the empty cart solely.

Hope this works for you.

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Clara K For This Useful Post:
Little Tiger Gifts (01-26-2015)
Old 01-24-2015, 05:57 PM

Hi Clara,

Thanks for your reply. I was under the impression that Ecwid did not use cookies but rather local storage for that cart so was confused that after blocking cookies the cart broke.

I have added the above script code to my cart and it works great - thanks very much.

Regards

Steve.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:15 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi Steve,

Thanks a lot for your reply!

I am very glad this helps.

Please let us know if further questions appear, it is my pleasure to help you.

PS Your store is so cute!

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
add to cart, cookies, ios