The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:55 AM

Hi

I like the store solution but I do not find the solution for this. I use Joomla 1.7 and the nice Rockettheme template Halcyon with the already installed Ecwid solution.

I use in Joomla Swedish as my front and backend language.

http://www.telesport.se/3/index.php/...roduct=9061032

I like the store but the "Add the Cart" text is in english. The are som other places where you also can read english text and there is no easy solution through a parameter change in Ecwids backend administration.

How can I override and change text and look on the "Add to cart" button?

Could anyone contact me and discuss features development?

Last edited by Eugene Rimmer; 01-29-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:01 PM

Ecwid features an automatic language selection for the store front, where all labels and buttons are displayed according to one of the 40 translations available, including Swedish. The translation includes the language of all buttons too.

However, 3rd party themes like Halcyon or Mercado bring their own styles for the elements in Ecwid, overriding the default ones, and those styles may sometimes not comply with the currently selected translation of the storefront. This is the case with the Add to Bag button in your store.

The text in the button you are talking is actually an image, which in your case is located here: http://www.telesport.se/3/templates/...op-button1.png

So you basically can change that image so that it would contain the right text, and it will be show in your store.

Can you please detail what other features do you mean?

Last edited by Eugene Rimmer; 02-01-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:08 PM

Hi Eugene ... I wonder if the features I specified below are included in the custom plan for 950 USD a year?

Telesport is a new telephone Service provider in Sweden. http://www.telesport.se.
We only have swedish customers right now. We sell telephone subscription plans and also in variation with phones. Our business idea is to let the customer to give away half of Telesport profit to any help or sportorganisation instead of giving money back to any share holders plus that the customer 7 times out of 10 gets a cheaper plan than before.

We need these features below ...

1) We need to Credit Evaluate customer before they buy a Telephone or telephone subscription plan. There is an API for this to a third-party company. If the customer is accepted we would like to send an order automatically to another company that handles the subscription and invoicing. If customer is accepted we would like to automaticcaly accept order and send an accknowledge mail plus the organization the customer picked as her choice of organisation.

2) We would like to have a checkbox that the customer could check if that want to see the prices with or without tax. Here in Sweden Companies would like to see it without tax and private people with tax. Or I do not know if you can do this already but specify different taxes on different products or categories?

3) We would like to offer customer telephone numbers from a list if they choose to get a new telephone subscription plan.
or you can keep your old number Numbers are based on a database. If a number is picked then we need to reserve it and deduct it from the database. (Move to another table)

4) We would like to have Company field added for the customer.

5) The specification of the order/invoice we would like to more specifiec for each option you choose. (without tax and with tax)

6) We would like to have an autocompletion on a field we the customer choose an organization based from a database. We have 30000 organizations to choose from.

We have an old site that has these features. http://www.telesportab.se/telesport_...bil%20Företag
Old 02-01-2012, 10:23 AM

Default How to contact ecwid ?

Is there any way you can get in contact with Ecwid organisation to get a quote or an explanation what features are included in the custom plan?

We are willing to pay but its hard if we cant contact anyone. I have sent email to bizdev and Eugene but no answer.

BR Michael
Old 02-01-2012, 01:59 PM

Custom plan of Ecwid is suited for those shops that need some specific new features not included into the main roadmap of Ecwid development and generally not useful for the other merchants using Ecwid. The custom plan only starts at $950 a year, the actual fee for your exact account may differ depending on the exact set of options included. The cost of development of any custom features is not included into this fee, the development is to be paid separately.

The 'credit evaluate' feature needs some clarification to it (since we are unable to just try it in your shop). When exactly should this feature get triggered in the shop, what exactly happens in the process?

The taxes can be selectively applied to only some products in Ecwid. When you set up a tax in Ecwid control panel → Taxes, you can disable the 'Apply to all products' checkbox. Then you would need to the product details page of each separate product in your Ecwid control panel, and in its Tax and Shipping tab select the taxes that apply to it. This way you can basically have 2 different categories in your store, one for companies, another for persons, where the set of the taxes applied to products differ.

The 'phones from your own database' feature can be currently achieved with a text field parameter for your products and a custom JavaScript that turns that field into a select box or custom control filled with the actual values from your database. Same applies to the companies auto-suggest feature.

The company name filed in the customer address can be simply enabled in your Ecwid control panel → System settings → General → Cart.

The invoice changes that you mentioned also need some more clarification to them - what exactly and how would you like to change?
Old 02-01-2012, 02:30 PM

Than you again Eugene ... I have sent an email to migrate.

/Michael

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
add to cart, change languish, joomla 1.7, override