The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza View Post
Hello,

For all the labels to be translated, you need to combine all the translation codes that you used. Here is the code you should add to your site to translate the labels you listed in your message above:

Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
ecwidMessages = {
"BuyNow.buy_now":"Add to Cart",
"BreadCrumbs.your_bag":"Your shopping cart",
"EmptyShoppingCartPanel.empty":"Your Shopping Cart is empty",
"ProductBrowser.your_cart":"Your Cart",
"TableProductsContainer.add_to_bag":"Add to Cart"
};
</script>
I tried adding this code and it did not work for me. It still says "clear bag" and "In the bag" when I add something to the shopping cart. I posted this exact code into the custom css box in ecwid at the bottom. Is there a specific place that I have to add it?

thanks
Old 04-06-2015, 10:47 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Corona View Post
is there a specific place that I have to add it?
Hello,

Thanks for choosing Ecwid!

The labels in your store is not changed, because the CSS theme (in Ecwid control panel → System Settings → Design) is inappropriate place for such codes. The code you added is JavaScript, not CSS. I’ll explain it in more details.

When you want to make the wording of the storefront more fitting your needs, you can change most of the labels in your Ecwid store using so-called “custom translations code”. This code is created by means of JavaScript.

With JavaScript you can change the way your Ecwid store works, or how it behaves. You may know that it’s a JavaScript code, if it starts with <script type=”text/javascript”>:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
ecwidMessages = {
"BuyNow.buy_now":"Add to Cart",
"BreadCrumbs.your_bag":"Your shopping cart",
"EmptyShoppingCartPanel.empty":"Your Shopping Cart is empty",
"ProductBrowser.your_cart":"Your Cart",
"TableProductsContainer.add_to_bag":"Add to Cart"
};
</script>
All JavaScript codes should be added to your site just before the Ecwid product browser code. And since you registered your store via our Wix application, adding such codes even easier, because you don’t need editing your site page manually. For more details, refer to our step by step instruction “How do I apply a custom translation in Wix?”. In that instruction you’ll learn how to properly add JavaScript codes to your store.

In turn, CSS codes (or Cascading Style Sheets, or styles) is changing the way your Ecwid store looks. In other words, you can change its layout, color, size and position of some storefront elements, such as buttons, labels, etc. For example, the below CSS code hides the “Sign In” button:
Code:
ecwid-productBrowser-auth-signInLink,
.ecwid-productBrowser-auth-separator { display: none; }
You can learn more about managing the Ecwid layout in our articles about changing Ecwid design and customizing Ecwid CSS.

I hope this helps, but if you need further assistance, do not hesitate to ask.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
add to cart, cart buttons