The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 05:09 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Margriet Pronk

Well, after a day testing, I am very happy. I had removed the code from the shoppingbag, becaused I liked the way the shoppingbag, popup-ed when you put something in the bag.

That is not working (at my site) in the mobile version, I have added the code again on the website and now it is working. I have also added an link in the wordpress menu, so mobile visitors can always find the shopping bag.

I have removed the categories above the shop and made several pages, as suggested before.

What also is working, is the variation with the appmachine. So now I can finally made my own app, with the webstore in it.

I am happy that you waited and released it when it is working fine. And for me it is, THANKS!
Old 07-12-2013, 09:45 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margriet Pronk View Post
Well, after a day testing, I am very happy. I had removed the code from the shoppingbag, becaused I liked the way the shoppingbag, popup-ed when you put something in the bag.

That is not working (at my site) in the mobile version, I have added the code again on the website and now it is working. I have also added an link in the wordpress menu, so mobile visitors can always find the shopping bag.

I have removed the categories above the shop and made several pages, as suggested before.

What also is working, is the variation with the appmachine. So now I can finally made my own app, with the webstore in it.

I am happy that you waited and released it when it is working fine. And for me it is, THANKS!
Hi,

Thank you for the additional details. I think I've reproduced what you reported. When the minicart widget is not used, the shopping bag appears automatically once customer adds product to the bag. With adaptive design enabled, the store content is perfectly resized but on iPhone (or narrowest screen) the bag seems not displayed even after there're any products added.
We'll be looking into this problem shortly, and will keep you posted.
If you append/enable the minicart widget, it's always shown on any screen width and its position is automatically adapted to the screen width, just as you're writing.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
Old 07-13-2013, 09:03 AM

does your page need to be set up to be a responsive page? or do I need to impliment any code in the header? doesn't seem to be working for me?
http://www.wandering-star.co.uk/onli...es_towels.html
Old 07-13-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WStar View Post
does your page need to be set up to be a responsive page? or do I need to impliment any code in the header? doesn't seem to be working for me?
http://www.wandering-star.co.uk/onli...es_towels.html
Hi, yes, you need a responsive theme to let it work.

I have a normal theme, for visitors with a normal computer, and I have a responsive theme for mobile visitors. Then I have installed a plugin, which noticed when someone is mobile and then show the responsive theme.
The plugin I use for that is 51Degrees.mobi Mobile Device Detector. It comes with a few themes, but I dont use them, but my one responsive theme.

Succes, with it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Margriet Pronk For This Useful Post:
Maya (07-15-2013), Qetzal (07-16-2013)
Old 07-13-2013, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lana View Post
Hi,

Thank you for the additional details. I think I've reproduced what you reported. When the minicart widget is not used, the shopping bag appears automatically once customer adds product to the bag. With adaptive design enabled, the store content is perfectly resized but on iPhone (or narrowest screen) the bag seems not displayed even after there're any products added.
We'll be looking into this problem shortly, and will keep you posted.
If you append/enable the minicart widget, it's always shown on any screen width and its position is automatically adapted to the screen width, just as you're writing.
Hi Svetlana,

Thanks, for your suggestion and the link. I have done that, I have even this code twice, so it is fused to the productbrowser and it is beneath the page. On the normal site I have even placed it in a widget in the footer. Great option.

So I have used this:
Code:
<div> 
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://app.ecwid.com/script.js?STORE_ID"></script> 
<script type="text/javascript"> xMinicart("style=","layout=MiniAttachToProductBrowser"); </script> 
</div>
<div> 
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://app.ecwid.com/script.js?STORE_ID"></script> 
<script type="text/javascript"> xMinicart("style=", "layout=Mini"); </script> 
</div>
Only, when I hove above the link, I see the subtotal price, without the VAT. Is it possible to show the price with the VAT. Or if not, is it possible to remove the price?

Thanks!!!
Old 07-15-2013, 01:23 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margriet Pronk View Post

Hi,

More details on this question. My apologies, it appears not a bug, but it was designed on purpose. I'll clarify.
There're several modes of minicart view, one of them is floating mode: you can set it up in the code, or this mode is enabled automatically when minicart widget isn't installed (in this case the bag appears only when something is added to the cart). We found an issue with this mode showing on the shopping bag page on small screens: it overlapped the items and 'checkout' button. So as a workaround we hid the bag if Ecwid store is viewed on a small screen.
That's why the bag wasn't popped up. Since in this case customer can access the bag page only from the product page and it's not that convenient (we had to choose this variant because otherwise it was far worse), we're already considering how to improve this layout.
Again if the minicart is used in any other modes, it's always shown and its position is adapted as well along with the whole layout.

Quote:
Thanks, for your suggestion and the link. I have done that, I have even this code twice, so it is fused to the productbrowser and it is beneath the page. On the normal site I have even placed it in a widget in the footer. Great option.

So I have used this:
Code:
<div>
<script type="text/javascript"> xMinicart("style=","layout=MiniAttachToProductBrow ser"); </script>
</div>
<div>
<script type="text/javascript"> xMinicart("style=", "layout=Mini"); </script>
</div>
Only, when I hove above the link, I see the subtotal price, without the VAT. Is it possible to show the price with the VAT. Or if not, is it possible to remove the price?
The minicart in miniview, on hover, displays only subtotal, i.e. a sum of prices of the products added to the bag. This subtotal doesn't include tax or shipping rates, they're shown included into the 'Total' on the shopping bag page.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lana View Post
Hi,

More details on this question. My apologies, it appears not a bug, but it was designed on purpose. I'll clarify.
There're several modes of minicart view, one of them is floating mode: you can set it up in the code, or this mode is enabled automatically when minicart widget isn't installed (in this case the bag appears only when something is added to the cart). We found an issue with this mode showing on the shopping bag page on small screens: it overlapped the items and 'checkout' button. So as a workaround we hid the bag if Ecwid store is viewed on a small screen.
That's why the bag wasn't popped up. Since in this case customer can access the bag page only from the product page and it's not that convenient (we had to choose this variant because otherwise it was far worse), we're already considering how to improve this layout.
Again if the minicart is used in any other modes, it's always shown and its position is adapted as well along with the whole layout.
Clear!

Quote:
The minicart in miniview, on hover, displays only subtotal, i.e. a sum of prices of the products added to the bag. This subtotal doesn't include tax or shipping rates, they're shown included into the 'Total' on the shopping bag page.
I understood that, but it would be nice if there would be a option in the settings, where you can choose:
1. Subtotaal on hover or
2. Total in hover or
3. No hover

Because my costumers are only interested in the total price

Thanks Lana, for your help!
Old 07-18-2013, 04:50 PM

anything new on this as yet? I have been looking at sites like dudamobile.com but due to the make up on ecwid I still can't get the site to transform to a mobile store.... any other ideas til the update is release.

Thanks
Old 07-18-2013, 05:48 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Diaz View Post
anything new on this as yet? I have been looking at sites like dudamobile.com but due to the make up on ecwid I still can't get the site to transform to a mobile store.... any other ideas til the update is release.

Thanks
Hi,

The responsive layout was released with v14 several days ago. We're going to publish a detailed blog post about all the changes. Follow up here http://www.ecwid.com/blog/
http://s3.amazonaws.com/qetzal-1up/index.html - here we made up a demo page to illustrate how Ecwid behaves on different screens.
You can now enable the responsive design for your store in your Ecwid control panel, System Settings -> General -> Migrations.
Please, mind, you should have an adaptive skin on your web-site as well in order that it works properly, so if mobile user enters your site, all its parts including Ecwid store are automatically adjusted to the mobile screen.
If your website doesn't have such skin yet, not a problem, you can offer your customers the adapted simple store:
http://m.shoedeevine.com/m Try to open this link in your mobile to check.

If you notice any issues or have further questions, please, feel free to report here.

Closed Thread
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
mobile