The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:43 PM

Looking to start online store. Do I need anything else other then Ecwid?

I'm looking to start selling from my facebook page exclusively and eventually start an actual website to sell of, but for the time being while I give online selling a shot through my facebook, do I need to have any type of hosting or an external shopping cart for ecwid to link to or can everything be ran through ecwid and I can use just the facebook selling feature?
Old 07-19-2013, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rose2 View Post
I'm looking to start selling from my facebook page exclusively and eventually start an actual website to sell of, but for the time being while I give online selling a shot through my facebook, do I need to have any type of hosting or an external shopping cart for ecwid to link to or can everything be ran through ecwid and I can use just the facebook selling feature?
Hi!

Ecwid allows setting your store on any existing site and/or add it to social network like Facebook, and control all storefronts via your Ecwid control panel.

Ecwid is a SaaS solution, meaning that all data is stored on our servers, when you open an Ecwid store it’s pulled out from our side. Furthermore all system updates, upgrades, and bug-fixing is performed automatically by our team.
So if you want to sell your products through Facebook, you don’t need any hosting. All you need is to add Ecwid Facebook Application to Facebook page.

If you want to create your own site and embed Ecwid there, you may need hosting for this very site. However there are lots of sitebuilders (e.g. WIX, Parallels Web Presence Builder, Yola, etc.), who offer ready site templates and hosting.

Last edited by Alina Kirpicheva; 07-19-2013 at 11:14 AM.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.