The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 03:34 PM

Showing An Attribute On Only Some Items

Hi!

I am offering domestic free shipping for some items. I'm trying to find a way for that to display prominently without using the title field. One way would be to add an attribute to the item type that says "Free Domestic Shipping" but I would not want that to display for most items (I would not want the buyer to see "NO" next to that attribute).

Is there a way to show that attribute on some products of that item type and not others? A work around would be to create a duplicate item type and add the free shipping attribute to that. Is there a way to quickly duplicate an item type?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 08-01-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Desautel View Post
Hi!

I am offering domestic free shipping for some items. I'm trying to find a way for that to display prominently without using the title field. One way would be to add an attribute to the item type that says "Free Domestic Shipping" but I would not want that to display for most items (I would not want the buyer to see "NO" next to that attribute).

Is there a way to show that attribute on some products of that item type and not others? A work around would be to create a duplicate item type and add the free shipping attribute to that. Is there a way to quickly duplicate an item type?

Thanks,
Dave
Hi!

If you want to inform your customers about free shipping on certain products, there are two ways how you can do it:

1) With help of product attributes, which you’re already doing (http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/59879584/...20attributes):
you should create new product type (Ecwid control panel-> Catalog-> Product Types) and add all the necessary attributes including attribute ‘Shipping’.
Assign products with free shipping to this type (Ecwid control panel-> Catalog-> Products-> Product Types-> ‘Attributes’ tab-> ‘change type’ link: select your new type) and set ‘free’ for ‘shipping’ field.

In this case you should assign and fill ‘shipping’ field manually for all the products. If with your amount of products it turns to be time consuming, I suggest you use import feature to update necessary products in bulk as follows.
Currently only UPC and BRAND attributes can be imported. However, you can specify custom titles for these attributes and they will be shown differently in the store front:
in Ecwid control panel -> Catalog -> Product types, section "Global attributes", define any "Name for customers".
Thus you can specify, e.g., "Shipping" e.g. for Brand.
And you can still import these attributes from CSV file. The file will have columns UPC and Brand. Column Brand will contain shipping information, in your case ‘free’. After the import, the products will display "Shipping: free".

2)You can add information about free shipping to the product descriptions. The description box supports rich HTML editor, so you can add texts with any format, highlighting necessary parts as you wish. And you can update many products at once with CSV import as well. Please, refer to our knowledge base for details:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/61320633/...ing%20products

If there are further questions, feel free to ask.
Closed Thread
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
attributes, item types