The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-20-2018, 07:41 AM

Have many WordPressite in different languages?

Hi all!

I have a WordPress site(visit http://proweb365.com). I understand that its possible to have Multiple wordpress Sites on one Ecwid account. But does it also work with different languages? In my point of view, Can i sellect per wordpress shop the languages in the back office of ecwid? Like for the emails what will be sent to customers (confirm order, order status, etc)

Thanks & Regards,
Old 03-22-2018, 12:18 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jill View Post
Hi all!

I have a WordPress site(visit http://proweb365.com). I understand that its possible to have Multiple wordpress Sites on one Ecwid account. But does it also work with different languages? In my point of view, Can i sellect per wordpress shop the languages in the back office of ecwid? Like for the emails what will be sent to customers (confirm order, order status, etc)

Thanks & Regards,
Hello David,

thanks for your message!

First off, it is absolutely possible to connect one and the same Ecwid store to different WordPress websites. Moreover, you can use one Ecwid storefront on numerous sites, blogs and social networks at the same time. All product settings, shipping and payment methods, orders are synced and managed from one control panel. I’ll explain:

If you already have a site (WordPress in your case) – Ecwid integrates into it, but the store itself runs on our servers, specially configured for that. We use our own servers for storing the data and processing the orders. Once you embed Ecwid into a site, it will be functioning as its integral part, yet the store data will be taken from our servers.

So, if you want to install your existing Ecwid store to a different site, you do not need to migrate your settings. All you need to do is download Ecwid plugin on your new WordPress site and connect your existing Ecwid store to your new site. You will keep all the store data, it will still be in the same control panel, it will be the same store, but on a new website. Here you can find the instructions on how to add Ecwid to a WordPress website: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...1259-Wordpress

As for translations, at the moment Ecwid storefront interface is translated to 50 languages. There is a smart system of language selection, which means that you do not need to worry about language settings. Just make sure that you have enabled necessary languages in your Ecwid control panel on Settings > General > Languages page. (By default, all languages are enabled.)

When a customer visits your store, Ecwid defines the preferred language based on web browser settings and translates the storefront to it. Please, refer to this article for more details https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...t-Translations

It is totally possible to force the selection of the language. For this you should modify the code which is used to add the store. You can see the instructions in this article: How can I force language selection in my store?. This way you can force different languages for different websites using one Ecwid account.

Hope this will help!
Ecwid Knowlegde Base

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
web design, wordspress