The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 05-07-2012, 09:10 AM
swift's Avatar
swift is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 167
Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly Darwin View Post
@Tony,

After updating to the latest ecwid version today, my Random Products widget also stopped working. Instead of errors, though, the title displays with blank space below where the image/link should be. I have not updated any code from your original. I am not using any cacheing plugins at all; in fact the site is so new that I have very few plugins enabled. DM me if you have any questions. Site is www.loosebeads.com.

Kimberly
To be honest, your Random Product looks good to me:
http://awesomescreenshot.com/0cd526if4

If you are using Safari, try to clean up its cache and reload the page again. Please, let me know the results.
  #122  
Old 05-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Big Bear Tools's Avatar
Big Bear Tools Big Bear Tools is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 32
Default

is there a way to add the ecwid random products widget to a PHP page? (i.e., my front page isn't a WordPress page that i can put shortcode into, nor do i want it in the sidebar as a widget.)

thank you,
Paul
  #123  
Old 05-10-2012, 02:53 PM
swift's Avatar
swift swift is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Jubenvill View Post
is there a way to add the ecwid random products widget to a PHP page? (i.e., my front page isn't a WordPress page that i can put shortcode into, nor do i want it in the sidebar as a widget.)

thank you,
Paul
Well, it is not quite possible as WP plugin exactly. I mean, WP plugin is supposed to work as a part of WP and cannot work without core WP installation. However, you can take a code of Random Products as an example and change it to work as a stand alone PHP script.
  #124  
Old 05-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Big Bear Tools's Avatar
Big Bear Tools Big Bear Tools is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift View Post
Well, it is not quite possible as WP plugin exactly. I mean, WP plugin is supposed to work as a part of WP and cannot work without core WP installation. However, you can take a code of Random Products as an example and change it to work as a stand alone PHP script.
Hi Tony... thanks for your reply.

Well, I am talking about a WP installation. I'm just asking whether there's a way to put it into the index.php template (or other template file) instead of dragging it into the widgets area or using shortcode on a page.

Thanks again,
Paul
  #125  
Old 05-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Kaelin Cordis's Avatar
Kaelin Cordis Kaelin Cordis is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In between Morning Coffee and the Land of Nod
Posts: 104
Default Execute shortcodes in wordpress template

Any time you'd like to use a shortcode outside a page or post template, it's quite easy to do using the "do shortcode" parameter. Like this:

<?php echo do_shortcode('[shortcode goes here]'); ?>

Notice the single quotes, and the brackets- those are very important or it won't work.

You can read more about it in the codex:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/do_shortcode
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaelin Cordis For This Useful Post:
Eugene Rimmer (05-10-2012), swift (05-11-2012)
  #126  
Old 05-10-2012, 05:27 PM
Big Bear Tools's Avatar
Big Bear Tools Big Bear Tools is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaelin Cordis View Post
Any time you'd like to use a shortcode outside a page or post template, it's quite easy to do using the "do shortcode" parameter. Like this:

<?php echo do_shortcode('[shortcode goes here]'); ?>

Notice the single quotes, and the brackets- those are very important or it won't work.

You can read more about it in the codex:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/do_shortcode
Kaelin,
That's perfect... thank you so much!
P
  #127  
Old 05-21-2012, 08:23 AM
patchwork's Avatar
patchwork patchwork is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3
Default

Hi, new user here.

I've added this plugin to my site and it works fine, there's just one problem. I would like to include my prices, but it shows the prices without tax (which should be included). In my shop the prices are shown so I don't understand why they aren't included on my frontpage.

Am I doing something wrong or is it the plugin?

My site is: patchwork-shoppen.dk
  #128  
Old 05-22-2012, 07:21 PM
swift's Avatar
swift swift is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchwork View Post
Hi, new user here.

I've added this plugin to my site and it works fine, there's just one problem. I would like to include my prices, but it shows the prices without tax (which should be included). In my shop the prices are shown so I don't understand why they aren't included on my frontpage.

Am I doing something wrong or is it the plugin?

My site is: patchwork-shoppen.dk
Thanks for the report.

I can't check the problem right now, but I will do it over the weekend and will report you back after that.
  #129  
Old 05-23-2012, 08:22 AM
patchwork's Avatar
patchwork patchwork is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3
Default

^^ Thanks. There's no hurry anymore though, I changed my pricing so the tax is just included in the price instead.
  #130  
Old 06-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Brent Stevens's Avatar
Brent Stevens Brent Stevens is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 8
Default Issues using Random Product Widget

Hi Tony,
I'm having issues using your widget. I'm using Ecwid for my store here: http://www.baberuthcentral.com/merchandise/

But the random products widget doesn't seem to recognize it. This is the message displaying where a product image should show within the widget:
Ecwid page does not exist. Refer to the article in Ecwid& KB in order to restore it.


Any ideas how to tie the random products widget to the store?

Thanks!

Brent
 
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
ecwid, plugin, products, random, random products, random products plugin, stylesheet, wordpress

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:41 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.