The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly Darwin View Post
@Tony,

After updating to the latest ecwid version today, my Random Products widget also stopped working. Instead of errors, though, the title displays with blank space below where the image/link should be. I have not updated any code from your original. I am not using any cacheing plugins at all; in fact the site is so new that I have very few plugins enabled. DM me if you have any questions. Site is www.loosebeads.com.

Kimberly
To be honest, your Random Product looks good to me:
http://awesomescreenshot.com/0cd526if4

If you are using Safari, try to clean up its cache and reload the page again. Please, let me know the results.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:40 PM

is there a way to add the ecwid random products widget to a PHP page? (i.e., my front page isn't a WordPress page that i can put shortcode into, nor do i want it in the sidebar as a widget.)

thank you,
Paul
Old 05-10-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Jubenvill View Post
is there a way to add the ecwid random products widget to a PHP page? (i.e., my front page isn't a WordPress page that i can put shortcode into, nor do i want it in the sidebar as a widget.)

thank you,
Paul
Well, it is not quite possible as WP plugin exactly. I mean, WP plugin is supposed to work as a part of WP and cannot work without core WP installation. However, you can take a code of Random Products as an example and change it to work as a stand alone PHP script.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift View Post
Well, it is not quite possible as WP plugin exactly. I mean, WP plugin is supposed to work as a part of WP and cannot work without core WP installation. However, you can take a code of Random Products as an example and change it to work as a stand alone PHP script.
Hi Tony... thanks for your reply.

Well, I am talking about a WP installation. I'm just asking whether there's a way to put it into the index.php template (or other template file) instead of dragging it into the widgets area or using shortcode on a page.

Thanks again,
Paul
Old 05-10-2012, 05:18 PM

Default Execute shortcodes in wordpress template

Any time you'd like to use a shortcode outside a page or post template, it's quite easy to do using the "do shortcode" parameter. Like this:

<?php echo do_shortcode('[shortcode goes here]'); ?>

Notice the single quotes, and the brackets- those are very important or it won't work.

You can read more about it in the codex:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/do_shortcode
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaelin Cordis For This Useful Post:
Eugene Rimmer (05-10-2012), swift (05-11-2012)
Old 05-10-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaelin Cordis View Post
Any time you'd like to use a shortcode outside a page or post template, it's quite easy to do using the "do shortcode" parameter. Like this:

<?php echo do_shortcode('[shortcode goes here]'); ?>

Notice the single quotes, and the brackets- those are very important or it won't work.

You can read more about it in the codex:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/do_shortcode
Kaelin,
That's perfect... thank you so much!
P
Old 05-21-2012, 08:23 AM

Hi, new user here.

I've added this plugin to my site and it works fine, there's just one problem. I would like to include my prices, but it shows the prices without tax (which should be included). In my shop the prices are shown so I don't understand why they aren't included on my frontpage.

Am I doing something wrong or is it the plugin?

My site is: patchwork-shoppen.dk
Old 05-22-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchwork View Post
Hi, new user here.

I've added this plugin to my site and it works fine, there's just one problem. I would like to include my prices, but it shows the prices without tax (which should be included). In my shop the prices are shown so I don't understand why they aren't included on my frontpage.

Am I doing something wrong or is it the plugin?

My site is: patchwork-shoppen.dk
Thanks for the report.

I can't check the problem right now, but I will do it over the weekend and will report you back after that.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:22 AM

^^ Thanks. There's no hurry anymore though, I changed my pricing so the tax is just included in the price instead.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:46 PM

Default Issues using Random Product Widget

Hi Tony,
I'm having issues using your widget. I'm using Ecwid for my store here: http://www.baberuthcentral.com/merchandise/

But the random products widget doesn't seem to recognize it. This is the message displaying where a product image should show within the widget:
Ecwid page does not exist. Refer to the article in Ecwid& KB in order to restore it.

Any ideas how to tie the random products widget to the store?

Thanks!

Brent

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
ecwid, plugin, products, random, random products, random products plugin, stylesheet, wordpress