The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:48 AM

Single Use Coupons - how to automatically create 100's

Im in the process of giving away a digital songs that we recorded (not copyright issues).
what i want is to have people like us on facebook, follow on twitter, mailing list, etc to get a coupon. want to auto generate say 500 of these to be use once... any way to automate this? (so i dont have to do 500 one at a time)? can the numbers be random (so that someone does not simply +1 to their number to get more?

what id really like is for a automatic way to also deliver the code to them 'auto-magically' (vs having to manually respond to give them a coupon and then have to manage the coupons..).

any thoughts?
Old 02-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Ecwid Team

Currently, you can create your promotion coupons in Ecwid control panel, Promotions → Discount coupons. There is no practical limit on the number of coupons you can create. All coupon codes are generated automatically and presents a 12 symbols sequence containing numbers and letters, that can be changed if needed.

But unfortunately, there is no way yet to import discount coupons or create multiple coupons at once, sorry. We understand that this functionality is important for your business and we plan to add this feature soon. Please, vote for this idea*to get this functionality implemented sooner: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...coupons-sectio

Ecwid doesn't send the coupon codes to the customers and doesn't have any instruments for this at all. Therefore, you will need to sent generated discount coupons manually for all customers who liked you on facebook, follow on twitter, etc.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 09-24-2013, 12:26 AM

Exclamation Individual Voucher/Coupon Codes funtionality?

Hi! I have 500 coucher codes that I will need to be able to be entered into my site soon. If I open an ecwid shopping cart, will I be able to upload them in a file, or will I have to enter them individually as coupon codes? Please help, I've searched all over and it seems shopify and bigcommerce are the only ones who can do this, but you must create a site with them and it is TOO hard for someone like me. My site now is iweb, but I'm working on a new one with weebly.

Thanks!
Old 09-24-2013, 07:18 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamie Slaughter View Post
Hi! I have 500 coucher codes that I will need to be able to be entered into my site soon. If I open an ecwid shopping cart, will I be able to upload them in a file, or will I have to enter them individually as coupon codes? Please help, I've searched all over and it seems shopify and bigcommerce are the only ones who can do this, but you must create a site with them and it is TOO hard for someone like me. My site now is iweb, but I'm working on a new one with weebly.

Thanks!
Hello,

You can create and use discount coupons in Ecwid but I am afraid it is not yet possible to upload multiple coupons in bulk yet. Please refer to the above posts in the current thread for the details and possible workarounds.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 01-05-2015, 11:54 AM

Default Single Use Coupons - how to automatically create 100's

HI,

I too need to import some coupon codes here. When can I expect to import coupon codes?

Old 01-07-2015, 08:12 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

It is possible to use discount coupons in Ecwid, but I am afraid at the moment there is no built-in possibility to import multiple coupons. This can be done with the help Ecwid API: you could develop a script which will create necessary coupons. This variant will require custom programming, you can develop it yourself or hire a programmer. For information about Ecwid API, please check here: http://developers.ecwid.com/api-documentation

You might also wish to vote for the idea of importing the coupons here, and we will let you know as soon as this feature is implemented.

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Last edited by Vitaliy G; 01-04-2016 at 12:41 PM.
Old 06-17-2015, 02:45 PM

Hi all,

I have found a pretty easy work around that requires no development, using a (free) app from the ecwid app store - loyal2.

Loyal2 allows you to connect to ecwid using the API (with some simple and well documented setup).

You can then bulk upload voucher codes from loyal2 to ecwid. Note that you can't create vouchers that are both free shipping + discount - it does only discount vouchers. The other thing is that initially the system limited me to uploading 10 at a time.

To fix this, I went on the loyal2 contact page, contacted them, and actually got a response within about 30 minutes - which was awesome. They've unblocked me from the limit of 10 per time, and I just successfully uploaded 1500 codes in 1 go. It took about 20 minutes for the connection between loyal2 and ecwid to complete the upload, so it's not instant, but definitely better than doing 1500 codes individually!

Graeme
Tritto.com
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pamir Gelenbe For This Useful Post:
Energetix SK (04-18-2016), Liza P (06-18-2015), undefined11696 (11-10-2015), Rick G (03-07-2016), Wendy (06-18-2015)
Old 12-09-2015, 08:28 PM

Pamir,

Can you clarify how you got Loyal2 vouchers to transfer over to Ecwid? I was able to import 3000 vouchers into Loyal2, but for the life of me can't figure out how to transfer them over to Ecwid.

Thanks for the help in advance.

-Alex
Old 01-20-2016, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Burakovsky1 View Post
Pamir,

Can you clarify how you got Loyal2 vouchers to transfer over to Ecwid? I was able to import 3000 vouchers into Loyal2, but for the life of me can't figure out how to transfer them over to Ecwid.

Thanks for the help in advance.

-Alex
Hi Alex,

Basically, when you create vouchers in Loyal2, they should be transferred to Ecwid automatically.
If it doesn't happen, please contact Loyal2 team regarding this issue.

Please refer to Loyal2 and Ecwid integration guide for the details.

I suggest you also trying other similar apps:
- Customer Connect Rewards
- Exit Offer
- Swell Rewards

Please let me know if you have any questions. I'll be glad to help.

Thanks!
Old 02-13-2017, 01:56 PM
Ecwid Team

Good news, everyone! It's now possible to generate coupons automatically with the help of Coupon Generator app for Ecwid.

The workflow is quite simple: create a coupon with the needed restrictions and copy it in the app as many times as you need. Each newly created coupon will get a unique code. Visit our App Market for more details.

Thank you!

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
automatic 1 use coupons, voucher system