The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-21-2015, 07:52 PM
Cozee's Avatar
Cozee is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Escondido, California
Posts: 138
Default


Only recently I have noticed products are displaying too large for desktop monitors. Most products look fine but if you view my most recent products, they are much too large.
ex; https://cozeeclothing.com/store/new-...tegory=8815900

While there, checkout the difference in size from the New arrivals and the Jewelry categories.
Thanks

I came up with this as a workaround, but if you know something better let me know.

div.ecwid-productBrowser-details-thumbnail img {
width: 45% !important;
height: 45% !important;
}

Last edited by Daria L.; 06-22-2015 at 08:36 AM.
  #2  
Old 06-25-2015, 03:22 PM
Daria L.'s Avatar
Daria L. Daria L. is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 558
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozee View Post
Only recently I have noticed products are displaying too large for desktop monitors. Most products look fine but if you view my most recent products, they are much too large.
ex; https://cozeeclothing.com/store/new-...tegory=8815900

While there, checkout the difference in size from the New arrivals and the Jewelry categories.
Thanks

I came up with this as a workaround, but if you know something better let me know.

div.ecwid-productBrowser-details-thumbnail img {
width: 45% !important;
height: 45% !important;
}
Hello!

Ecwid allows you to upload images to products of maximum 1000 x 1000 pixel size, bigger images are resized automatically. Previously, the maximum size of product images in Ecwid was 500 pixels. We have recently increased product image size to 1000 pixels deliberately, because large images with high resolution are an essential part of any online store. They present your products in a very detailed way and can enhance the value of your items for the customers. So, big product images help to sell more, as pictures are basically the only way for customers to see the products in the online shop.

Of course, if you want to make your images smaller, you can manage the images sizes in an external editor before uploading and then just upload them(for example, 400x400 one).
__________________
Daria L.
Customer Care
Ecwid Help Portal
Ecwid Knowlegde Base
  #3  
Old 06-25-2015, 08:56 PM
Cozee's Avatar
Cozee Cozee is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Escondido, California
Posts: 138
Default

Hi Daria,
I can appreciate the size increase, but shouldn't it format to fit the screen? I like that my products are very clear but the customers may not like scrolling to see the whole product. The workaround that I suggested as well as your suggestion have isues of their own. All I would like is that when a customer visits a product, that product is completely in view on whatever size screen they are viewing. The then will have the option of zooming if it's available. Is this no longer possible without a workaround?
  #4  
Old 06-26-2015, 04:32 PM
Daria L.'s Avatar
Daria L. Daria L. is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 558
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozee View Post
Hi Daria,
I can appreciate the size increase, but shouldn't it format to fit the screen? I like that my products are very clear but the customers may not like scrolling to see the whole product. The workaround that I suggested as well as your suggestion have isues of their own. All I would like is that when a customer visits a product, that product is completely in view on whatever size screen they are viewing. The then will have the option of zooming if it's available. Is this no longer possible without a workaround?
Hello!

Ecwid supports responsive layout, it means that all elements (including your custom images) within your storefront adapt automatically to the screen width of the device from which you're viewing the store.

On this page your image has 822 x 576 pixel size. If you open this page on mobile, for example, it will be resized for its smaller screen, screenshot:



All images are automatically resized to fit the size of the customer`s browser window. So the customer can always see the whole image and he doesn't need to scroll a page.
Thus, product images are adapted and displayed correctly on any screens.

As regards of zooming, you can implement image zoom on hover in grid view via CSS as described in this article: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...-zoom-on-hover

To implement the zoom effect on the product details page you can use the Magic Zoom plugin for Ecwid: https://www.magictoolbox.com/ecwid/?ac=WFYTFSR
__________________
Daria L.
Customer Care
Ecwid Help Portal
Ecwid Knowlegde Base
  #5  
Old 07-04-2015, 03:37 PM
Cozee's Avatar
Cozee Cozee is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Escondido, California
Posts: 138
Default

This is a good example of what I mean.
The first screen shot is after the larger uploads and the second is before the change.
both are acceptable, but the latest one shows only part of the nail polish. Some of the newer uploads are OK like the one you used as an example. But most are like the first example here.
I would prefer to have the entire product show without a workaround, if that is possible.
Again, This issue is found on desktop monitors. The mobile version is fine.
http://awesomescreenshot.com/03451f0060

http://awesomescreenshot.com/09251f033a

Last edited by Cozee; 07-04-2015 at 03:42 PM.
  #6  
Old 07-09-2015, 02:42 PM
Daria L.'s Avatar
Daria L. Daria L. is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 558
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozee View Post
This is a good example of what I mean.
The first screen shot is after the larger uploads and the second is before the change.
both are acceptable, but the latest one shows only part of the nail polish. Some of the newer uploads are OK like the one you used as an example. But most are like the first example here.
I would prefer to have the entire product show without a workaround, if that is possible.
Again, This issue is found on desktop monitors. The mobile version is fine.
http://awesomescreenshot.com/03451f0060

http://awesomescreenshot.com/09251f033a
Hello!

Thank you for explanation! In your case the best option would to upload images in smaller size in your Ecwid control panel. You should manage the images sizes in an external editor before uploading, otherwise they will be displayed in their original sizes (of maximum 1000 x 1000 pixel).
__________________
Daria L.
Customer Care
Ecwid Help Portal
Ecwid Knowlegde Base
 
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
product images

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:56 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.