The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-04-2013, 10:28 PM
Thais Zoe's Avatar
Thais Zoe is offline
Webpartner
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 32
Default

Product images seo isn't working well


A few related questions....

1. My product images aren't showing up on Google image search. My site overall registers well, so I know it's not that. But none of my nine images show up when searched for under Google images. Could you please check that I have everything set up properly?

2. Is there a way that I can manually input keywords, as I do with other images I upload on my site and blog?


3. How do I make it so that I can post a link of my product pages. Right now, it's not working consistently. I can only post my main shop page: https://www.luckyduckliving.com/shop-best-tees-ever/ But the product page link: https://www.luckyduckliving.com/shop...89&id=10746676 doesn't show the product image when posted on Facebook, nor connect to the product page properly when on Pinterest. What can be done?

4. How do I customize the name of my product pages so that they aren't long numbers, but instead the product name.

Thanks so much!
  #2  
Old 04-15-2013, 09:33 AM
Matt Ecwid's Avatar
Matt Ecwid Matt Ecwid is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,947
Default

Hi,

Please find the answers below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thais Zoe View Post
1. My product images aren't showing up on Google image search. My site overall registers well, so I know it's not that. But none of my nine images show up when searched for under Google images. Could you please check that I have everything set up properly?
As far as I can see, you integrate your store by copying/pasting Ecwid integration codes instead of using our ready Wordpress plugin. Thus your store is not indexed by search engines at all (images aren't listed there for the same reason). All you need to do in order to make your store indexable is to install and use our plugin for Wordpress. More details:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853308/...andJoomlausers

By the way, with the plugin, you will also get rid of HTTP/HTTPS warnings you reported in this thread:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19100

Currently, they still appear on your site because of using 'http' versions of external assets' links.


Quote:
2. Is there a way that I can manually input keywords, as I do with other images I upload on my site and blog?
Please find the answer to this question in this thread:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10492


Quote:
3. How do I make it so that I can post a link of my product pages. Right now, it's not working consistently. I can only post my main shop page: https://www.luckyduckliving.com/shop-best-tees-ever/ But the product page link: https://www.luckyduckliving.com/shop...89&id=10746676 doesn't show the product image when posted on Facebook, nor connect to the product page properly when on Pinterest. What can be done?
You can share your products on Facebook or Pinterest with the help of the share buttons in your storefront:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/53783179/Share%20buttons

Also, it is possible to share your products on Facebook and on Twitter right from your control panel:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/60502675/...0and%20Twitter

See also:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...8821#post38821


Quote:
4. How do I customize the name of my product pages so that they aren't long numbers, but instead the product name.
The URL structure Ecwid uses is well-thought-out, it provides Ecwid users (merchants and their customers) with a number of advantages. Please refer to this post for the details:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...4282#post74282
__________________
Matt K
Ecwid Team

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
  #3  
Old 06-18-2014, 03:46 PM
stockimage's Avatar
stockimage stockimage is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 4
Default Google Image Search and ecwid

Hi,

I think my products are being indexed by google okay, but google image search is not finding any product images. Can anyone speak to that? I have the WP plug in.

Thanks
  #4  
Old 06-18-2014, 03:54 PM
stockimage's Avatar
stockimage stockimage is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 4
Default

I see when I do a "copy image location" the image is renamed a big long number, meaning google image search will never find it in a search. This is a deal breaker for my type of store... The images must be able to keep their original file names....
  #5  
Old 06-19-2014, 07:19 AM
Viktor D.'s Avatar
Viktor D. Viktor D. is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockimage View Post
I see when I do a "copy image location" the image is renamed a big long number, meaning google image search will never find it in a search. This is a deal breaker for my type of store... The images must be able to keep their original file names....
Thank you very much for the message.

Please, refer to my answer here: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24624

Have a great day!
 
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
product images, seo

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:30 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.