The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:38 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi,

Thank you for the file. It's composed OK, but there're couple of things to correct:

1. Categories columns. Right now there're four columns:
category 1
category 2
category 3
product subcategories 3

The last one is not necessary, Ecwid requires only category 1, category 2, category 3 columns.

2. You input categories thus:

| category 1 | category 2 | category 3 |
Facility Maintenance & Safety Supply > Safety Supply > First Aid Products | Facility Maintenance & Safety Supply | Safety Supply

If 'Safety Supplie' and 'First Aid Products' are subcategories of category "Facility Maintenance & Safety Supply", you need to separate them by /, i.e. to change columns 'category 1' this way:
Facility Maintenance & Safety Supply/Safety Supply/First Aid Products

This line will create the main category "Facility Maintenance & Safety Supply" with subcategory Safety Supply which has subcategory First Aid Products, and put the product into subcategories First Aid Products and Safety Supply.

Then the lines from columns 'category 2' and 'category 3' will duplicate this product to Facility Maintenance & Safety Supply and Safety Supply categories, and additionally will create one more category 'Safety Supply'.

As a result the product will be in all these categories. I believe this is what you want.

And to avoid duplicating of 'Safety Supply', you should remove 'category 3' column.

3. 'Image' column: right now there's only the image name. Ecwid will not be able to get the image this way because it won't know from where to load it. As Eugene wrote, this column needs to contain a full path to the image, i.e., download links like this one:
http://www.thayerproducts.com/compon...036ef1fcc8.png

4. In columns 'weight' and 'price', the numbers are entered with commas. They need to be changed to dots, i.e., for example: 31.95

5. You should convert this file into CSV format. Instructions on how you can do it: http://www.ehow.com/how_7160291_export-xls-csv.html

Please check the attached file. I've composed it as an example with two of your products from your file.

Quote:
And here's the original file I exported:
http://cloudserve.info/files/Q3_2012...preadsheet.xls
I couldn't open this file, it gives 404 not found error.
Attached Files
File Type: csv csv example file.csv (790 Bytes, 166 views)

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
images, product images