The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-05-2012, 12:25 AM

Externally hosted product images.

Greetings,

If this topic is covered elsewhere, I apologize in advance, but I have searched the Forums and Knowledgebase and can't seem to find the answer? Can product images be hosted on a server external to Ecwid and displayed within Ecwid by linking to the image source?

ex: http://content.oppictures.com/Master..._350/44998.JPG

As far as I have been able to determine, all images must be uploaded into Ecwid...

Thanks,

C. Martin
Old 07-05-2012, 11:10 AM

Unfortunately, no. Product images are stored on Ecwid servers.

If you prefer to have the images stored on an external server because it is rather time-consuming to upload them to Ecwid one by one, there is a way out. You can create a CSV file with your products as described here, upload your images the external server you refer to and then add the links to the product images to "images" field of this CSV file. During the import the images will be automatically uploaded to your Ecwid store and saved on our servers.

Please note that the product images should be available, i.e. each image should be visible by a link in a browser (for example http://content.oppictures.com/Master..._350/44998.JPG)

After the import you can delete the images from your server.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:07 PM

Kess,

Thanks for the quick reply...that answers my question and your suggested workaround will solve the problem of uploading images one at time.

Thanks,

C. Martin

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
external product images, hosted images, product images