The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:52 PM

Question

"Inline SEO catalog" option

Just updated to the newest version of this plugin and no longer see the Enable the "Inline SEO catalog" option on the Ecwid Shopping Cart Settings page in the WordPress backend.

Also, when i test to see if the Inline SEO is working by disabling Javascript, it is NOT.

I've tried troubleshooting it with various methods provided on this forum, but nothing seems to be working.

Store is located at www.gigisglitzyboutique.com/products-page.

Please advise
Old 11-19-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Stanley View Post
Just updated to the newest version of this plugin and no longer see the Enable the "Inline SEO catalog" option on the Ecwid Shopping Cart Settings page in the WordPress backend.

Also, when i test to see if the Inline SEO is working by disabling Javascript, it is NOT.

I've tried troubleshooting it with various methods provided on this forum, but nothing seems to be working.

Store is located at www.gigisglitzyboutique.com/products-page.

Please advise
New version of Ecwid plugin is crawlable by Google out of the box, if you have paid account. It uses AJAX-crawling method, that's why you cannot see the crawlable content if you simply disable JS in your browser.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:29 PM

Default When does it take effect?

I just upgraded last night and created a subdomain http://mobile.pvybe.com for the store, and I just rebuilt my sitemap, but didn't see any ecwid products on there... will google crawl it?
Old 11-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9disc View Post
I just upgraded last night and created a subdomain http://mobile.pvybe.com for the store, and I just rebuilt my sitemap, but didn't see any ecwid products on there... will google crawl it?
Hi,

As far as I can see, you use our newest Wordpress plugin. As Tony mentioned above, it includes all necessary SEO tools so it is indexable by search engines out of the box. You don't need to anything for that.

It usually takes several days for search robots to complete indexation of your site
and to "find" all your product pages though. So I suggest you to wait a bit.

More details on our new Wordpress plugin and its SEO features:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?p=69489

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 12-10-2012, 02:02 AM

Question Where is the setting to enable the "Inline SEO catalog" in the WordPress?

Your instructions say to Enable the "Inline SEO catalog" option on the Ecwid Shopping Cart Settings page in the WordPress backend. I paid for Ecwid, put the plugin on my WP site, and looked at the settings. There is no function on the Ecwid Shopping Cart Settings page to enable the Inline SEO catalog. Where is this setting?

Thanks,
Kerry
Old 12-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmys View Post
Your instructions say to Enable the "Inline SEO catalog" option on the Ecwid Shopping Cart Settings page in the WordPress backend. I paid for Ecwid, put the plugin on my WP site, and looked at the settings. There is no function on the Ecwid Shopping Cart Settings page to enable the Inline SEO catalog. Where is this setting?

Thanks,
Kerry
Hi Kerry,

Please refer to this post:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...9667#post69667

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 12-10-2012, 08:06 PM

Question xml sitemap does not show product pages on inline catalog

Maybe I'm not understanding the inline catalog seo function. I have a paid ecwid account and I have enabled the WordPress plugin for ecwid shopping cart. I am gathering that the pages of ecwid (categories and products) are somehow 'magically' indexed if I do this. If so, where are they indexed? They do not show on my xml sitemap: the only pages showing there are the WP pages I created to house the categories. I am thoroughly confused.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmys View Post
Maybe I'm not understanding the inline catalog seo function. I have a paid ecwid account and I have enabled the WordPress plugin for ecwid shopping cart. I am gathering that the pages of ecwid (categories and products) are somehow 'magically' indexed if I do this. If so, where are they indexed? They do not show on my xml sitemap: the only pages showing there are the WP pages I created to house the categories. I am thoroughly confused.
The answer to this question is interesting for us too. We made some tests with google tools (even sitemap generator) with our paid account and last wordpress plugin and the only result is the page into which ecwid shop is embedded... We can find the product direct links in google (probably the new google "making AJAX Applications Crawlable" feature) with a title build by ecwid (product name + Site name + page name) but with a bad index compare to other pages of the website.

Make a test to compare with us: do a search in google with your website name and a name of a product you have in your store. When we do this test, we have a lot of page with direct links to some pages of our web site, but the ecwid product link in in the last google pages.

Regards

Last edited by lucterius; 12-11-2012 at 05:44 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:09 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Kerry,

You don't need to do anything in order to have your store indexed, if you install our Wordpress plugin. As to the sitemap thing, neither WP plugin nor Ecwid widgets is responsible for sitemap generation. Speaking of sitemap generators in general, most of them cannot parse AJAX content, that is probably why your sitemap doesn't contain links to the store pages. For the details on the matter, you will need to refer to sitemap generator documentation or its support. But, again, if the plugin is installed and everything works as expected, than a sitemap won't be necessary at all - all your product pages will get to Google search results.

Please let us know your store URL and we will check whether everything properly works.

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 12-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucterius View Post
The answer to this question is interesting for us too. We made some tests with google tools (even sitemap generator) with our paid account and last wordpress plugin and the only result is the page into which ecwid shop is embedded... We can find the product direct links in google (probably the new google "making AJAX Applications Crawlable" feature) with a title build by ecwid (product name + Site name + page name) but with a bad index compare to other pages of the website.

Make a test to compare with us: do a search in google with your website name and a name of a product you have in your store. When we do this test, we have a lot of page with direct links to some pages of our web site, but the ecwid product link in in the last google pages.

Regards
Hi,

I've replied to you here:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...2101#post72101

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
seo