The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-20-2014, 06:33 PM

Discounting products that are variation items

In Variations, there is no ability to assign a discount to the optional sizes. Yes, you can create a discount in the option itself, but no ability to show a "Compare To" price in the variation creation. Only the base product has the ability to have "Compare To" discount assigned.
In addition, when the discount is applied in Options, why does it not automatically show the price as a "Compare To" price?
This seems to be a shortcoming, unless I am doing something wrong.

To re-cap;
I have a number of products that have three sizes available and have been configured using Options to define the size and SKU and price.
Some of those products I need to show discounted or as sale items.
I can apply the % discount in the options for that products size variations, but I can only apply a "Compare To" price difference to the base product. When defining the variations, there is no way to assign the "Compare To" discount to the non-base products. The discount % is indeed applied to the non-base product when viewed in the Bag, but not on the product page.

Am I not setting these variation scenarios up correctly, or is this indeed a missing feature in the Variations setup?
Old 04-24-2014, 06:57 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Gooding View Post
In Variations, there is no ability to assign a discount to the optional sizes. Yes, you can create a discount in the option itself, but no ability to show a "Compare To" price in the variation creation. Only the base product has the ability to have "Compare To" discount assigned.
In addition, when the discount is applied in Options, why does it not automatically show the price as a "Compare To" price?
This seems to be a shortcoming, unless I am doing something wrong.

To re-cap;
I have a number of products that have three sizes available and have been configured using Options to define the size and SKU and price.
Some of those products I need to show discounted or as sale items.
I can apply the % discount in the options for that products size variations, but I can only apply a "Compare To" price difference to the base product. When defining the variations, there is no way to assign the "Compare To" discount to the non-base products. The discount % is indeed applied to the non-base product when viewed in the Bag, but not on the product page.

Am I not setting these variation scenarios up correctly, or is this indeed a missing feature in the Variations setup?
Hello,

At it is not possible at the moment to set sale prices to variations, unfortunately. The sale price is set to the base product and is shown for all the variations unless the price of the variation is not bigger than the “Compare to” price.

I should say that Sale price is not actual discount, it is used to demonstrate how much the current price is better , without changing the product base price.

In order to provide discount for variations I recommend you using Bulk Discount pricing instead, it is totally possible to use with product variations. Please, refer to this article for details about the feature and instructions on setting it up in your store: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...scount-pricing

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.