The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-22-2015, 06:40 PM

Invoice problem?

Hi, I read and I read but don´t understand why the invoice had not sent via email to the customers? I see only the button print invoice. What I do wrong?
Thanks
Old 04-23-2015, 09:07 AM

The "invoice" is automagically sent to your client after completing the order. See System Settings - Mail - customer notifications
Herzverbindung-Ja (04-23-2015)
Old 04-23-2015, 10:16 AM

The invoice is not sent after 24 hours. In system settings-email is all activate.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:37 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi,

Thanks for your message! And thanks WoodYouLike for your followup.

If want to inform your customers about orders they’ve placed, you can use email notifications that are automatically sent to them when the order status is changed. Although, the notifications (e.g., the Order Confirmation email) contain all the necessary information about an order, you can customize the look of this notifications, so that they could be used as invoices. All the modification can be made by using standard HTML, and, despite the fact that these emails already look great, you can make them even greater!

However, I’ve checked your store settings and I noticed that you have the old notifications enabled, which doesn’t allow you using HTML. You can turn the new notifications on, in your Ecwid control panel > System Settings > General > Migrations page, and then change the messages that will be sent to your customers in Ecwid control panel > System Settings > Mail page.

In addition, customers have an ability to download and then print the invoice file after their order was placed. They can see the link to that file on the “Thank you for the order page”.

If you want to send the invoices by email, you can do the following:
  1. Go to Ecwid control panel > Sales > Orders page
  2. Click the “Print Invoice” button and save the invoice file to your computer
  3. Send the invoice to your customer manually

If you think that there’s should be a feature which allows you to send such invoices automatically or by hitting a button, you can suggest that idea on our Ideas Base site.

I hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik Kiv View Post
The invoice is not sent after 24 hours. In system settings-email is all activate.
As for your problem with sending emails, we've checked our mail server logs and seen that emails were delivered to your email address, and to customer's. It's possible that the email got into some folder in your mailbox and you couldn't see it, or it has been flagged as spam. Please, check your mailbox and spam folder once more.

Looking forward for hearing from you soon.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyril D For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2015, 11:45 AM

Thanks for help:-)
ok I changed the migrations settings and try to buy (test) again. The invoce is not sent to the customer email! I can download manually the pdf., but via email came only the confirmation email without attached PDF invoice. Than I changed the status to payed and the email "Status Changed" came agian without attached PDF invoice.
My spam filter is deactivated.
..no idea why???
Old 04-23-2015, 12:11 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik Kiv View Post
Thanks for help:-)
ok I changed the migrations settings and try to buy (test) again. The invoce is not sent to the customer email! I can download manually the pdf., but via email came only the confirmation email without attached PDF invoice. Than I changed the status to payed and the email "Status Changed" came agian without attached PDF invoice.
My spam filter is deactivated.
..no idea why???
You’re welcome!

And thanks for the clarification, now I see why you’re confused with these email notifications. The thing is that the email notifications contain the order info in their “body” (see an example in the below screenshot). There’s no attached invoice files in those emails.

As I said before, if you want your customers will be getting such invoice files, you should send them manually.

If there are any additional questions, feel free to ask them.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyril D For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2015, 12:58 PM

..ahhh ok!... now I understod :-)) Thanks for your top support! Have nice day.
Vik

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
email, invoice, sending