The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-07-2010, 12:21 PM
steven.sandberg's Avatar
steven.sandberg is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 8
Default

Add image to product description


How do I add an image to the product description? I se the 'image' button but what path do I use and where should I place the picture?
  #2  
Old 02-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Ecwid Made Easy.com's Avatar
Ecwid Made Easy.com Ecwid Made Easy.com is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 307
Default

You don't add the image directly to the product description.

You use the main product image and then the gallery.

Take a look at my free eguide, it is all explained in there.
  #3  
Old 02-07-2010, 03:42 PM
steven.sandberg's Avatar
steven.sandberg steven.sandberg is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 8
Default

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your answer, actually I do want to add an image to my description.. I have already added a main product image and a gallery as you described. But I need to ad an image of the available colors in my description. There is an "add image" buton in the wysywig editor, and I would like to know the path to use for this.
My shop is selling stickers and my customers can choose the color. So later on I will also add the "options" option.
  #4  
Old 02-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Qetzal's Avatar
Qetzal Qetzal is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven.sandberg View Post
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your answer, actually I do want to add an image to my description.. I have already added a main product image and a gallery as you described. But I need to ad an image of the available colors in my description. There is an "add image" buton in the wysywig editor, and I would like to know the path to use for this.
My shop is selling stickers and my customers can choose the color. So later on I will also add the "options" option.
Perform the following steps:

1. Upload your images to any free image hosting. For example Flickr.

2. Grab URLs of uploaded images.

3. Open the necessary product for editing.

4. Press "image" icon in description WYSIWYG editor. A pop-up window will appear.

5. Enter the image URL and save the changes.
__________________
Eugene K.
Ecwid Team

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
The Following User Says Thank You to Qetzal For This Useful Post:
Lise Gottlieb (06-08-2015)
  #5  
Old 08-20-2010, 03:36 PM
Clint McJenkin's Avatar
Clint McJenkin Clint McJenkin is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 7
Default

Im doing this and its not working. I have the image uploaded to - http://www.fighterwear.net/images/also_hoodie.jpg - and Im using that URL but it wont load the image in the description! Why not?



...Inserted it here...and it works...

Are there parameters for the physical size or file size?
  #6  
Old 08-20-2010, 03:41 PM
Qetzal's Avatar
Qetzal Qetzal is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint McJenkin View Post
Im doing this and its not working. I have the image uploaded to - http://www.fighterwear.net/images/also_hoodie.jpg - and Im using that URL but it wont load the image in the description! Why not?



...Inserted it here...and it works...

Are there parameters for the physical size or file size?
1. Do you get any error?
2. What product do you modify?
__________________
Eugene K.
Ecwid Team

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
  #7  
Old 08-20-2010, 03:59 PM
Clint McJenkin's Avatar
Clint McJenkin Clint McJenkin is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 7
Default

I reduced the size of the image and it now appears. I got it under 20Kb.
  #8  
Old 08-20-2010, 08:25 PM
Clint McJenkin's Avatar
Clint McJenkin Clint McJenkin is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 7
Default

On a second item I had to actually enter the src="[URL]" into the IMG tag of the code the Include Image button places. So I had to hand code the image location for it to show up.

Once I did that and reduced the size it would show up properly.
  #9  
Old 08-23-2010, 11:58 AM
Qetzal's Avatar
Qetzal Qetzal is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint McJenkin View Post
On a second item I had to actually enter the src="[URL]" into the IMG tag of the code the Include Image button places. So I had to hand code the image location for it to show up.

Once I did that and reduced the size it would show up properly.
Hm, I've tried to insert a big image to a description and it was inserted just fine.
What error did you get? Can you still reproduce the issue with a big image?
__________________
Eugene K.
Ecwid Team

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
  #10  
Old 05-28-2013, 08:05 PM
Judith M's Avatar
Judith M Judith M is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 94
Default

I too would like to add images (already uploaded ones) into the descriptions--or the ability to move the product image from always on top of the text to beside it.

Currently I am finding the url of the image already uploaded and entering it into a table, to force the image beside the description, rather than above. Tables are slow and fiddly to work with, compared to say how the images/text are handled in a wordpress post; enter the text, click on your gallery of uploaded images, drag one into the post, align it and done.
 
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:33 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.