The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-01-2014, 02:11 AM

Question

AbandonAid setup (quick question)

I'm wanting to set up AbandonAid on my store.

I'm stuck on one step, here are my instructions (from AbandonAid):

"In order to get the code to place on your site, please provide the URL of your thankyou / confirmation page. This is the page your customer hits immediately after making a purchase (for example www.yoursite.com/thankyou)."

My question is, what is the address for my thankyou page? I'm already aware of the http://app.ecwid.com/paypalstandard/STOREID as discussed in this 'SetUp PayPal Guide' - but should I still be using this same URL for setting up AbandonAid?

Will this URL work with all payment types (ie, offline payment/cash/non-PayPal payments)?

Thanks very much for your help!
Old 02-05-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZAccess View Post
I'm wanting to set up AbandonAid on my store.

I'm stuck on one step, here are my instructions (from AbandonAid):

"In order to get the code to place on your site, please provide the URL of your thankyou / confirmation page. This is the page your customer hits immediately after making a purchase (for example www.yoursite.com/thankyou)."

My question is, what is the address for my thankyou page? I'm already aware of the http://app.ecwid.com/paypalstandard/STOREID as discussed in this 'SetUp PayPal Guide' - but should I still be using this same URL for setting up AbandonAid?

Will this URL work with all payment types (ie, offline payment/cash/non-PayPal payments)?

Thanks very much for your help!
Hi!

The URL of your order confirmation page is: http://nzaccessorise.co.nz#!/~/orderConfirmation

As I understand you need to insert AbandonAid tracking code into this very confirmation page and thus track the orders. Ecwid has a built-in feature which allows embedding such tracking code via your Ecwid Control Panel. You can do it as follows:
1) Log in to your Ecwid Control Panel
2) Open the "System Settings → General → Cart" page and find the "Checkout options" section.
3) Enable the "Affiliate code on "Thank you for your order" page" option.
4) Then enter your AbandonAid code and save the changes.

Please, note If you inspect the page source code, you won't see the AbandonAid code you entered in your control panel. That is expected behavior. Ecwid is an AJAX application and everything in your store is delivered to the web page dynamically by JavaScript. The tracking code is loaded dynamically as well - when the order confirmation page opens, the AbandonAid code loads and executes in background. It is how it is supposed to work. So please do not worry you do not see it in the page source. If you want to inspect the code and debug it, you should use developers tools in a browser (e.g. the built-in Chrome's developer tools or FireBug in FireFox).
The Following User Says Thank You to Alina Kirpicheva For This Useful Post:
Olive (02-05-2014)
Old 02-05-2014, 09:53 PM

Perfect answer, thank you so much!
Old 03-17-2014, 10:50 AM

An update: AbondonAid doesn't work well with Ecwid. Have been followed all instructions from both Ecwid and AbondonAid and there are still some errors.

AbondonAid support has been in touch with a suggestion, as quoted below.

"Hello! I have an update for you.

We analyzed your site and found that, as per our current, standard configuration, we are unable to fully collect abandonment data due to the complex ajax nature of the page. If you are able to call our script to pass the total cart info this would enable data to be properly collected. Is this something you are able to do?"

Can someone from ECWID please provide some input on what this means?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-18-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
An update: AbondonAid doesn't work well with Ecwid. Have been followed all instructions from both Ecwid and AbondonAid and there are still some errors.

AbondonAid support has been in touch with a suggestion, as quoted below.

"Hello! I have an update for you.

We analyzed your site and found that, as per our current, standard configuration, we are unable to fully collect abandonment data due to the complex ajax nature of the page. If you are able to call our script to pass the total cart info this would enable data to be properly collected. Is this something you are able to do?"

Can someone from ECWID please provide some input on what this means?

Thanks in advance!
Thank you very much for the information.

We'll need to place several test orders in order to reproduce the issue and find out the possible reason. Please, let me know if we are able to proceed?

Look forward to hearing from you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Viktor D. For This Useful Post:
Olive (03-18-2014)
Old 03-18-2014, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktor D. View Post
Thank you very much for the information.

We'll need to place several test orders in order to reproduce the issue and find out the possible reason. Please, let me know if we are able to proceed?

Hi Viktor,

Thanks for your timely response!

You're welcome to place some test orders. I have set up a dummy item that I'd like you to use for this - the item can be found here: http://nzaccessorise.co.nz/#!/~/product/id=35125130

Please choose to pay via direct debit to avoid entering credit card details.
If you want me to make any changes to this item to make it easier please let me know. For example, if you wanted me to uncheck "this product requires shipping".

Thanks so much for your time!
The Following User Says Thank You to Olive For This Useful Post:
Viktor D. (03-20-2014)
Old 03-20-2014, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Hi Viktor,

Thanks for your timely response!

You're welcome to place some test orders. I have set up a dummy item that I'd like you to use for this - the item can be found here: http://nzaccessorise.co.nz/#!/~/product/id=35125130

Please choose to pay via direct debit to avoid entering credit card details.
If you want me to make any changes to this item to make it easier please let me know. For example, if you wanted me to uncheck "this product requires shipping".

Thanks so much for your time!
Thank you very much for your assistance!

I was able to place a test order and test the calls to AbandonAid script. Everything seems working fine on our side. The abandonaid code was loaded and successfully called.

And I'm sorry, could you, please contact the abandonaid support and ask them about the exact details which information are they need from our side? Maybe they are able to provide us with the test code? Or step-by-step instruction?

Old 03-24-2014, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktor D. View Post
Thank you very much for your assistance!

I was able to place a test order and test the calls to AbandonAid script. Everything seems working fine on our side. The abandonaid code was loaded and successfully called.

And I'm sorry, could you, please contact the abandonaid support and ask them about the exact details which information are they need from our side? Maybe they are able to provide us with the test code? Or step-by-step instruction?

Thanks for the update, I will pass this info on.

/edit Just to be sure, does the cart total get passed to AbondonAid as they mentioned above? I've been back in touch with them and am still waiting for their response.

Last edited by NZAccess; 03-24-2014 at 12:29 AM.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the update, I will pass this info on.

/edit Just to be sure, does the cart total get passed to AbondonAid as they mentioned above? I've been back in touch with them and am still waiting for their response.
Thank you very much for the assistance.

The script is integrated onto the order submission step, subtotal(cart total) information transmit occur on this step.

I'm sorry this question is not very clear to me. Could you, please request the details regarding the cart total? What exactly should we check?

Old 04-02-2014, 02:04 AM

Thanks again for the reply, I'll pass this onto AbandonAid. Fingers crossed...

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.