The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:54 AM

Vertical menu, always show categories

Hi.

How would I go about making a vertical or horizontal menu? I've got it close to what i want, but since the category display is an old style table (tbody tr td) it's hard to comment out certain things. For example There is alot of spacing tr and td, I can't comment these out because that also removes content I want to show (names of categories, that I use for naming the buttons).
Old 08-29-2011, 09:11 AM

For either form of menu - vertical or horizontal - Ecwid has a special widget that you can embed into your page. The category widgets will automatically sync with your store setup, showing your current actual tree of categories without any additional efforts.

Yes, those widgets use tables a lot in their HTML markup - the reason for that is compatibility: Ecwid widgets work correctly under a wide variety of circumstances, even in completely broken pages. The markup currently being used in Ecwid makes our widgets that rigid and crossplatform, working everywhere from IE6 to latest builds of modern browsers, and on many popular mobile browsers too. But users cannot just 'comment out' the parts of the markup in widgets - the HTML that makes those widgets is generated on the fly, and the templates for it are not editable for users yet.

If you need some visual changes in the categories widgets, you can apply some CSS customization via Ecwid CSS themes. The exact code depends on what exactly you want to do.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
horizontal menu, vertical menu