The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:09 AM

Google Checkout doesn't show shipping amount

I have tried to understand how others have resolved this issue of the shipping amount not being passed over to Google Checkout, but can't find the answer to resolve my problem. Everything is set up well enough for PayPal Standard and Express Checkout to work properly, but for some reason Google Checkout will not show shipping charges, only the price of the product and tax are passed over from the ecwid shopping cart. I'm at a loss as to what to do.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:24 PM

The exact shipping amount is calculated after Ecwid knows the shipping address of the customer placing an order. But PayPal Express and Google Checkout are not just the payment methods - they substantially change the checkout process by taking a few first checkout steps to their sites. Hence when a customer goes from your site to Google Checkout, Ecwid cannot calculate the shipping cost because no shipping address was given yet - it will be known only after the first steps at Google Checkout.

After a few steps at Google Checkout site the customer will be returned into your shop to confirm details and finally place the order. The money will change hands only after that. So, the customer that returns from Google Checkout will see the shipping cost calculation and will be able to select
the shipping method on your site and then will place the order.

The PayPal Express Checkout is the same in this aspect - a few first checkout steps are taken on the PayPal site, the customer then returns to your site. 2 possible reasons why you see the shipping costs while checking out with PayPal Express Checkout are:

1) You have a shipping costs set up at PayPal side - we usually recommend to remove them as they are not in sync with your Ecwid setup and may introduce charges at inaccurate amount; more details here: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853304/...#shippingsetup

2) Or you may be trying to place an order via PayPal Express Checkout after another order attempt (i.e. you first tried to place an order via Google Checkout, then via PayPal Express Checkout) or being signed in to the customer profile in your store. Ecwid may already know the shipping address and costs, so it hands it over to PayPal, and PayPal can show the costs. However, the main scenario is the same: when customer returns from PayPal Express Checkout to your site, s/he will be asked to select a shipping method and the appropriate shipping cost will be applied to the order total.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:07 PM

This doesnt work any more, Google checkout and Paypal express are not taking shipping costs and are not redirecting back to ecwid. there is a fault. It used to in April?may when i tested it but not at the moment, Please fix it, thanks
Old 10-11-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferzan Kuman View Post
This doesnt work any more, Google checkout and Paypal express are not taking shipping costs and are not redirecting back to ecwid. there is a fault. It used to in April?may when i tested it but not at the moment, Please fix it, thanks
I have checked your store. Currently in your store setup both the PayPal Express Checkout and Google Checkout payment methods are disabled. These methods need to be enabled in your Ecwid store in order to work. Please, see Ecwid control panel → Systems Settings → Payment, PayPal Express Checkout and Google Checkout, the [Enable] button on the top right of each of them.

If you disabled them deliberately, because they did not work for your test order, then most probably you have these methods or their corresponding merchant accounts in PayPal and Google Checkout misconfigured. Hence, in order for these methods to work, you will need to re-configure them in your accounts according to these instructions:
- http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853304/...xpressCheckout
- http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/25066262/Google%20Checkout
Old 11-07-2011, 07:16 PM

I have set everything up properly and I still can not get my shipping to show up even with flat rate. I am lost as to why it is not working. Can anyone help?

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
google checkout, shipping charges